Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-12-11-WCW-Saturday Night] Rick Rude and Davey Boy Smith

Loss

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Rude and Okerlund both use the word "undisputed" repeatedly. Rude is supposed to defend against Davey Boy at Starrcade, but he tells Davey Boy that he doesn't want to wait and that they should do it next week instead. Davey Boy comes out, and...says...let's not wait till Starrcade...let's do it next week??? Great quality control, guys. And with that Davey Boy's WCW stint comes to an apparent end.

• 2 years later...

Nice to hear Rude call Mean Gene Divothead, like he did in the WWF. It's just like old times, and Hogan isn't even here yet!

So the issue between Rude and Davey is that Rude cost Davey an ​arm-wrestling contest​? Gee, you'd think that whatever they're now calling the NWA World title would be enough. It gets to me when the prestige of holding a belt isn't enough of a reason for a feud with a champion. Davey never even mentioned wanting the title, so I'm guessing it's pretty low on WCW's priority list.

It's odd that they would move up a Starrcade match for one of their two World titles, but I guess they wanted Flair and Vader to have the spotlight all to themselves, which is especially understandable in Flair's hometown.

I didn't catch the stuff with Rude and Davey each saying that they wanted the match next week as if it was a fresh idea. I wouldn't blame the office for it, though; Davey might have been too wasted to think of anything else to say, or he may have just gone blank.

• 3 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1993-12-11-WCW-Saturday Night] Rick Rude and Davey Boy Smith