Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-12-18-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: Cactus Jack & Maxx Payne

Loss

• 4 months later...

Gene Okerlund interviews Cactus and Payne. Cactus does a great promo warning Flair that Vader really does fear no one and that he can't take him lightly. Gene really seems to enjoy Cactus as a promo, maybe because this was one of the first times he really had the chance to interview him.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

The stuff about Slazenger and Pierce was okay, but the highlight of this segment was Cactus putting over Vader even though he still hates his guts. Believe me, Mick, I'm sure Flair knows all about Vader not fearing anyone, since he almost crippled Flair at Battlebowl.

I'm curious to know what problem Mick could have had with Mean Gene. Whatever it is, it had to have happened later in his run, because there don't seem to be any problems in this interview.

Is it just me or does Maxx bear more than a slight resemblance to Taker here? The voice is certainly different, but the look's more than a little similar, intentionally or not.

• 1 year later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1993-12-18-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: Cactus Jack & Maxx Payne