Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-02-08-WWF-Superstars] Funeral Parlor: Ric Flair & Mr Perfect

Loss

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

The music from the Funeral parlor was really distracting. Flair is also one of the guys who seems to bite their tongues during interviews. He's had plenty during his career where you see blood in his mouth.

Basic Flair promo setting up the SNME tag. Totally agree with shoe here as I feel like there are a bunch of promos where Flair ends up with a bloody mouth. I wonder how often that was intentional.

The music from the Funeral parlor was really distracting.

Totally agree. I have the same reaction when watching Brother Love segments. I don't know why they insisted on having background music for those segments. Imagine how much worse Piper's Pit would be with bagpipes playing in the background.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Flair wasn't anything special here, but Curt's starting to get the hang of being a mouthpiece, Even when Flair puts him over as a great technician, he kind of shrugs it off (though with just the right kind of arrogant leer on his face). He's got a bit to go, and I still wish Heenan did some TV promos from time to time, but he's becoming more watchable.

Is it just me or did Flair scream so loudly at one point that Percy was legitimately startled? Please, Ric, don't give that man any more of an excuse to move or speak; he's enough of a clown on his own.

What did Vince mean when he said that Curt supposedly belonged in a funeral parlor rather than the broadcast booth? Was it just his idea of a segue? Was he trying to make a joke? Or was he simply filling time and doing it terribly? For me at least, that was a real "What the......." moment.

• 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1992-02-08-WWF-Superstars] Funeral Parlor: Ric Flair & Mr Perfect