[1992-03-28-SMW-TV] Interview: Bob Holly

Loss

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The transition of Bob Holly from this clip to Hardcore Holly is hard to believe. He's wearing one of the most amazing pair of sunglasses you will ever see. They're swans. Ends rather suddenly, was this the end of the promo? I really wanted to hear more about Bob Holly hanging out with Julia Roberts.

• 11 months later...

Bob Holly was driving down Sunset Boulevard with Julia Roberts by his side and she asked him if he was going to be in the SMW title tournament. He says that why should he have to beat three guys when he can beat anyone, anywhere, anytime, and all he has to do is wait around for the champion to be crowned and then he can go out an beat him and become the champion.

Holly had featured pretty regularly in SMW up to this point and I think this brief promo was a way to explain why he wasn't in the tournament whilst everyone else is (including a couple of guys who haven't even appeared on TV yet in Dixie Dynamite and Scott Anthony). If this was the final appearance of Holly in SMW it's a shame as he showed an awful lot of promise in his squash matches, although he looked more like a member of the Hart Foundation with his pink and black outfit than someone who mixed with Hollywood A-listers.

• 4 months later...

Holly seems like the perfect heel for SMW here: rich and snobbish enough to be (supposedly) dating Julia Roberts and arrogant enough to believe the title tournament's beneath him. I like the idea that he's waiting to beat one guy rather than three, and I wish he'd stuck around long enough to put it into practice. I guess being a welder was just a bit more steady (not to mention lucrative).

• GSR changed the title to [1992-03-28-SMW-TV] Interview: Bob Holly
  • 1 year later...