Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-11-26-AJW-Dream Rush] Manami Toyota & Toshiyo Yamada vs Mayumi Ozaki & Dynamite Kansai

Loss

The first two falls are total sprints with a pace that never lets up and Toyota is able to get her shit in without taking away from the match. It seems that she's just that much better in tags. Kansai reminded me of an agile Aja Kong and she impressed me the most out of the four women showcased here. Ozaki might not be as violent as Kansai, but she's not afraid to break some rules to gain an advantage and she excelled in this area. I thought the third fall was the weakest part of the match by far. They slow things down and tries to work in a few FIP segments, but they move through things so quickly it's hard for me to care about them. They then move onto the finishing stretch which goes on for way too long with an excessive amount of 2.9 falls. Sometimes less is more. At least this one wraps things up in a decent fashion. 

★★¾

This was so, so good. The first fall was incredible. The FIP work by Toyota was top notch in this fall, although it'd wane in the 3rd fall and the double team work by Ozaki and Kansai was immensely good. The Camel Clutch setting up Kansai's brutal kicks to the throat was sadistically awesome. Kansai produced magic whenever she was involved. Especially when matched up with Yamada. The 2nd fall was short but still good and got a big pop. The 3rd fall is where the match falls short of being a classic though. The length of the fall wasn't exactly a problem but it felt long. Toyota was again the FIP but her work wasn't as compelling as the 1st fall. But it wasn't a terrible fall by any means. Ozaki showed some great character work on the apron when she stamped on Toyota's outreaching hand near the ropes. Awesome match. ****1/4