Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-05-20-SMW-Charlotte Memories] The Gangstas vs The Thugz

Loss

• 1 month later...

Just a really wild, intense, bloody brawl. Great action, including New Jack doing a lariat from the ring apron to the floor that looked awesome. The weapons shots look good, but it's not the weapons that make this good, it's the intensity. It feels more FMW than SMW at times, especially when they start brawling into the crowd after the pinfall takes place, using fan's chairs as weapons and fighting up on whatever the elevated thing is in the building. When you watch this, you really have to take the whole thing into consideration, as we get an additional few minutes of great action after the bell. Worth checking out, one of the better complete SMW matches I have seen.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Yeah, the hiptosses into the rows of chairs is straight out of Japan. I'm not as high on this overall as some others--it's not the best SMW match ever and I'm not even sure it's the best Gangstas match. But it's a hell of a fight and swan song for the team. Same finish as in the chain match, but it's a great finish so who am I to complain.

• GSR changed the title to [1995-05-20-SMW-Charlotte Memories] The Gangstas vs The Thugz