Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-06-26-WWF-Raw] Jerry Lawler and Isaac Yankem

Loss

• 2 months later...

Lawler thought he had terminal halitosis! He visits his dentist, Dr. Isaac Yankem in attempt to improve his breath. And Glen Jacobs gets his first big break. The guy was a more competent Sid Vicious with no attitude -- I'm surprised both companies weren't throwing millions at him and thinking he was the future.

Jacobs never had the charisma and aura that Sid had. You look at Jacobs and it's "wow, that's a big dude". You look at Sid and you think "that guy is a fucking KILLER".

Maybe not, but Glen Jacobs did end up achieving a higher, more sustained level of stardom in wrestling than Sid ever did. By this point, he's probably made more money, but no way he was commanding as much money as Sid initially. And he became a bigger star without being pushed as the lead heel for any length of time, and without having so much money thrown at him in bidding wars with both major promotions.

Sid probably had more natural charisma, but considering how much easier Glen Jacobs was to work with, you'd think they'd go with him and focus on trying to pull that personality out of him a little more. He is a guy who got tons of chances to get over before clicking, but that's pretty typical for guys his size.

I'm sure the fact that he's a trooper helped his case a lot for having a long career in the WWE, because realistically, his work is the shits, he has not much charisma and can't cut a good promo. The Kane character, and especially the mask, and working a major program with Taker helped him a ton to give him some legitimacy, but I don't buy that he became a bigger "star" than Sid was in the 90's. Well, maybe he did, but only by default because the WWE ended up the only game in town. I was sick and tired of Kane after a year and a half, I just wonder how people cop with him 13 years later...

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1995-06-26-WWF-Raw] Jerry Lawler and Isaac Yankem