Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-11-13-WWF-Raw] Bret Hart and Diesel

Loss

• 2 months later...

This is really good. I much prefer Diesel pushed as an athlete in a serious setting like this to the typical Nash smarminess. I crack up when Bret says he gave Diesel his toughest match, and Diesel responds not to toot his own horn, because Shawn gave him a run for his money too. Bret uses this to make the point that Diesel has a tough time with technical wrestlers and that he doesn't give technical wrestlers title shots, which was what Davey Boy's beef was. That was weird. Nash says he'll knock him out, and knock him out quickly, because he doesn't get paid by the hour. They both take shots at each other, but both give credit where it's due also. Nash: "The question remains in my mind, 'Can I beat this guy?' ... I'm bigger, stronger and smarter than I was in January." I love Vince also asking these very, very pro wrestling-themed questions. Not sure why they had to pipe in faint crowd noise though.

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1995-11-13-WWF-Raw] Bret Hart and Diesel