Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-12-13-WAR-Super J Cup] Jushin Liger vs Gran Naniwa

Loss

• 3 months later...

Very good match. I love the spot in the first few minutes when Naniwa tries his walk-the-ropes spot and Liger keeps rolling so he has to keep going and going. Pretty funny. This is your typical Liger-beats-up-a-guy-lower-than-him-on-the-food-chain-and-mocks-his-signature-stuff match, which I always enjoy.

• 2 years later...

Naniwa levels Liger before the bell and drops him with a Frankensteiner off the turnbuckle, just to show that he's over the comedy bullshit and means business. Well, he does try the Crab Walk Elbow, because he just can't help himself, but that goes badly for him. These guys tie each other up in surfboards before leading to some damn good hope spots for Naniwa and even a credible near-fall, before Liger puts him down. Political maneuverings aside, I think Naniwa put on a much better match with Liger than Damian would have.

• 1 year later...

Liger's eternal quest to make some indy schmuck look like a King, new episode. And does he succeed again. Crab Boy jumps Liger from the start. Fuck that Crab. I'm glad Liger won't let him do his crab spot successfully. I'm even more glad that Liger makes fun of that stupid crab walk. But does Naniwa looks good here. Is it the Liger effect or had it that much potential. I remember him being nothing a few years later. Didn't he die pretty young too ? That was pretty much his most glorious night. Liger was that great, I had kinda forgotten.

• GSR changed the title to [1995-12-13-WAR-Super J Cup] Jushin Liger vs Gran Naniwa
  • 1 year later...

Liger showing up in the crowd and playing about was mega boss shit. Liger rules so much. Naniwa was the clear underdog and did what any smart man that was outmatched would do - attack Liger before the bell. There were some awesome nearfalls at the start, setting doubt in the result. We got some funny comedy first by Naniwa doing a crab walk on the ropes, only to miss the elbow and then Liger mocking a crab after. I love the blend of serious hope spots for Naniwa and comedy. It was damn entertaining and didn’t get messy at all. ***3/4