Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-12-27-WCW-Starrcade '95] Ric Flair vs Randy Savage

Loss

• 3 months later...

Not as good as the Nitro match, but still fun. Savage does the worst job of hiding a blade I have ever seen. The dead crowd finally comes alive for the finish in a big way, and I thought with Flair in that the chance of Flair ever winning the title again was gone, and especially by going over Sting, Luger and Savage in one night (albeit in a weak way). And finally, Benoit is SEEN with the other Horsemen.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The last classic Ric Flair title win, and by classic I don't mean great match but as far as booking goes. It's Flair the iron man going through WCW legends Luger & Sting in a very dirty way, then winning the title against WWF legend and classic foe Randy Savage thanks to the Horsemen, with the added bonus of the crimson mask. The crowd gives him a tremendous babyface reaction, like they had been waiting for this since Hogan came on board and ruined the company. A throwback Starrcade ending and a great moment.

And yes, one of the most obvious bladejob ever by Savage. And Pillman really acted batshit insane here.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Match is a little more focused than Nitro, with Flair focusing more on the arm. Still a dead crowd--did Sting's U.S. title loss to Sasaki have the crowd THAT hyped for the rematch? Clusterfucky finish involving Hart, the megaphone, and all three other Horsemen, but it ends with Arn clobbering Savage with brass knucks and throwing Flair on top for a 12th World title, and this is probably the most shocking Flair title win to this point. I liked how Flair got to the title match, but somehow the "bigness" of his win seems a little undermined.

• 3 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1995-12-27-WCW-Starrcade '95] Ric Flair vs Randy Savage