Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-03-12-WCW-Saturday Night] Nasty Boys, Kevin Sullivan and The Equalizer

Loss

• 1 month later...

The Nastys are supposed to have a match, but Gary Cappetta doesn't know who their opponents are. Kevin Sullivan is in the ring with a guy under a sheet. Sullivan throws fire (!), and we see that the Equalizer is actually Kevin Sullivan's brother.

Kevin says his real name is Dave. Equalizer says it's Evad and gets slapped. YOUR NAME IS DAVE. Sullivan is a scary guy here, and between the fire and creepy promo is unlike anything else in the sterile WCW environment at this point. Great segment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The fireball took me by surprise and I like how it was the Nasty's they used in this spot because they have portrayed them up to this point to be crazy and reckless so them retreating and running away was a nice touch. EVAD is pretty bad on the promo but Sullivan is great here.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Awesome, memorable segment on all levels. Even Capetski gets some face time. Sullivan is still as creepy as he was in SMW but he's a babyface--at least for now. Totally different dynamic than anything else going on in the Big Two. I don't relish having Evad as a major part of the roster, but I'll be damned if I don't actually enjoy their chemistry here.

• GSR changed the title to [1994-03-12-WCW-Saturday Night] Nasty Boys, Kevin Sullivan and The Equalizer