Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-07-30-Michinoku Pro] Taka Michinoku vs Jado

Loss

• 2 months later...

Wilder match than I expected. Lots of chair and table throwing from Jado, and Taka kicks the referee in the stomach when he tries to calm him down. Some cool stuff from Jado, like turning Taka's top rope superplex attempt into a brutal looking gourdbuster. Obviously a HOT building as well. Action-packed in a different way than you're used to. Feels more like an ECW match than a Michinoku Pro match. Great finishing spot with Jado doing a top rope rana into a pin in one movement.

This would be the only Jado singles match I have seen. Didn’t realize Jado and Gedo were teaming this far back. NOAH green mat. It looks to be insanely hot in the building as crowd is fanning themselves and wiping their faces every so often. Even with the heat they are still pretty lively. Jado hits some nice power moves throughout the match. I figure all along that TAKA is winning but Jado nails him with an impressive top rope hurricarrana. He got planted there. Fun match.

• 2 weeks later...

This was a fun match. Jado is much more aggressive than Taka in this utilizing chairs and tables. Taka does some sweet dives and gets incredible air too. The finishing run is pretty good with a nasty bump by Taka from the top rope Frankensteiner in the end.

• 1 year later...

Hey, Al Snow and Sabu moved to Japan and did a non-ladder sequel to their match. Spot, spot, spot, spot. Another stunt show with well-done stunts, but that's as far as it went. And yeah, I'm a fan of guys blending disparate styles into one match, but there's a difference between doing that and not being able to decide if you want your match to be a high-flying spotfest, a brawl, or a mat-based match. The styles not only didn't match, the order seemed to be pulled out of a hat--they go from flinging chairs and tables to head scissors and headlocks when logic would generally dictate the opposite approach. There were some cool moves done here but all the near-falls felt overdone and self-indulgent, and neither guy could ultimately compel me to care who won or lost.

• GSR changed the title to [1994-07-30-Michinoku Pro] Taka Michinoku vs Jado