Ring of Honor Wrestling

• Please log in to reply
1534 replies to this topic

#1521 Zoo Enthusiast

Zoo Enthusiast
  • Members
  • 1861 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 05:24 AM

It's really ridiculous that it takes a month for RoH TV to reflect any fallout from their big TV shows. I don't even remember what happened at Supercard of Honor by this point.

to be fair, that's because most of it was forgettable. The "workrate" company had arguably one of the worst top-to-bottom shows of Mania week.
Everyone fell asleep so it was not documented.

#1522 Edwin

Edwin
  • Members
  • 1111 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:29 AM

Not that it really matters, but ROH has uploaded old videos on social media -- today they uploaded one of the Embassay vs. Generation Next matches on Facebook. I'm sure they still have these videos around. Why they don't want to upload it to Honor Club will continue to be a mystery.

#1523 southofheavy

southofheavy
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:31 PM

Going to the Detroit show tomorrow.

I GET TO SEE LIGER. So stoked.

#1524 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 8293 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:01 PM

Was at the Toronto show tonight..... it was ok. Smash Brothers vs Bucks was the best thing on it.

#1525 Migs

Migs
  • Members
  • 1363 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:15 PM

Was at the Toronto show tonight..... it was ok. Smash Brothers vs Bucks was the best thing on it.

Checking this Toronto show out now. Can't believe how into the Knife Pervert Toronto was. Match with him and Martinez was surprisingly blah, given that they worked pretty well together last year.

#1526 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 8293 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:16 PM

Checking this Toronto show out now. Can't believe how into the Knife Pervert Toronto was. Match with him and Martinez was surprisingly blah, given that they worked pretty well together last year.

Was actually late and only arrived right before Beer City Bruiser and Naito.

#1527 Migs

Migs
  • Members
  • 1363 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 11:17 PM

Cosign on how good the Bucks and Smash Bros match was. Lot of fun.

Bruiser and Naito was a lot of fun, too. You could do worse for a bottom guy in the G1 than Bruiser.

#1528 Zoo Enthusiast

Zoo Enthusiast
  • Members
  • 1861 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 05:46 PM

Cosign on how good the Bucks and Smash Bros match was. Lot of fun.

Bruiser and Naito was a lot of fun, too. You could do worse for a bottom guy in the G1 than Bruiser.

This is a guy whose rise I'm just blown away by. I saw him work a fire department fundraiser show in a school gym about 10 minutes from my house in rural WI about 6 years ago in the Beer City Bruisers tag team with Nick Colucci. I think he's great.

#1529 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 5754 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:49 AM

So this rumor they might try to run MSG. They're insane if this is true.

#1530 Ricky Jackson

Ricky Jackson

The Only 5 Time Champion

• Members
  • 3105 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling, music, comics, beer, movies, history, sports...good manly stuff.

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:57 AM

If they run it during Mania week with a strong card I could see a sellout

#1531 The Thread Killer

The Thread Killer

The Canadian Wildman

• Members
  • 1328 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:44 PM

I thought MSG had some sort of exclusivity agreement with WWE?  Bischoff has claimed that WWF/WWE had exclusivity agreements with a bunch of the major arenas, most notably MSG...which froze WCW out of a lot of these places.  You know Bischoff would have loved to have run MSG to stick it to McMahon back during the "Monday Night Wars."  I can't imagine WWE letting anybody else run MSG, unless their agreement has lapsed or something.

#1532 Mad Dog

Mad Dog
  • Members
  • 5754 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:08 PM

The relationship has gone south. MSG is super expensive to run now so the WWE have started using Barclay's.

#1533 Ricky Jackson

Ricky Jackson

The Only 5 Time Champion

• Members
  • 3105 posts
  • Interests:Wrestling, music, comics, beer, movies, history, sports...good manly stuff.

Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:06 PM

Yeah, the relationship between WWE and MSG hasn't been like the glory days for quite some time. I don't think there is any kind of exclusivity privilege these days

#1534 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4765 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:25 PM

So let me get this straight. ROH is gonna run a show at MSG. ROH. While that's awesome, the company that had shows I went to back in the day that ran four hours long, and who knows when it'll end...is playing the place where the union rules are a huge part of why WWE doesn't do TV there anymore? It's a crazy world, out there. Will it be an afternoon show, or will it end in a curfew draw? Cause that's old school MSG.

#1535 Richeyedwards

Richeyedwards

King of typos

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 01:22 AM

Show closes with an endless 3/5 fall 8 man tag that sort of just stops when the curfew comes into effect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users