Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-03-24-NWA-World Championship Wrestling] Midnight Express vs Zan Panzer & Bob Cook

Loss

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I decided to get the squashes and shorter matches for the month out of the way before the bigger matches, so I actually appreciated JR's recap of the US tag title situation, even though I know the match where the MX stole the belts is here on the Yearbook.

The match was pretty typical, but it's always fun to hear JR run Corny down, knowing how close they are behind the scenes.

I wonder what the scoops JR promised on the Hotline were. I also wonder who came up with the name and costume for Zan Panzer (or, as Corny inevitably called him, Zamfir Panflute).

The crowd goes crazy for Pillman and Zenk taking the belts back, and it's a shame that the Road Warriors and the Steiners were ahead of them in the pecking order, because I think they could have gone a lot farther as a team than they ended up going.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Jim Cornette introduces the Midnight Express as ‘the tag team that ran those gutless, yellow cowards Flyin’ Brian and the Z-Man straight out of the NWA’. Jim Ross says that in case anybody missed it, the Midnight Express stole the US tag team titles from Pillman and Zenk, and are being fined $1,000 a day by the NWA until they return them. Ross informs everyone that Pillman and Zenk have promised him that they will be here today (hmmm, I wonder what might happen?).

A squash match that is better when Bob Cook is the one getting squashed. Stan Lane pins Panzer after a double flapjack, and Zenk and Pillman jumps the Midnights after the match and get their titles back.

• GSR changed the title to [1990-03-24-NWA-World Championship Wrestling] Midnight Express vs Zan Panzer & Bob Cook