Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-04-28-WWF-Saturday Night's Main Event] Bobby Heenan and Ultimate Warrior

Loss

• 1 month later...

Again, I like the serious side of Heenan. He says he and Rude found weaknesses in Warrior's game, and that they are confident Rude will take the WWF title. Warrior I think says he wants to give Rick Rude AIDS, talking about swallowing and giving him an out of control disease.

Love Vince and Jesse riding horses to close things out.

"Wait a minute, Bobby, what does Rick Rude have to do with this??" Jesus Christ, Mooney, have you been paying attention for the past 4+ weeks?

Warrior cuts probably his most lucid promo of this Yearbook, relatively speaking, and he at least keeps things short (I can't really say "to the point" because that implies that there is one).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

SNME sometimes served the purpose of bringing casual fans (those who just watched SNME, mostly) up to date on the current angles in the WWF, and that's the purpose Heenan served here. Basically, his short promo was an introduction to what we've all seen the previous few weeks. A beatdown would basically come out of nowhere and made no sense to the non-regular viewers they were hoping to pull in.

As for Warrior, I think the disease he mentions is the power of the Warrior; basically, he's going to suck all the extra strength out of Rude's body and fill him with the power of the Warrior. Or something.

I like the idea of Vince turning to Jesse to get the crap off of his shoes. They each look dapper in their Western outfits, too. I think the stuff with the horses was done in front of a green screen at Titan Towers, but I'm not sure.

• 1 year later...

Jesse's hat reminds me of the movie UHF when RJ Fletcher tells his son to "take that ridiculous looking thing off." We think he's talking about this insane cowboy hat the man is wearing, but in reality its a fake mustache. I really didn't pay attention to Warrior or Heenan here, Vince and Jesse riding horses is the important thing here.

• 9 months later...

Post-match interview from Bobby Heenan with Sean Mooney after Haku’s match with the Warrior. Mooney says how Heenan didn’t succeed with his quest to win the WWF Championship, but ‘The Brain’ cuts him off and tells him not to concern himself with his business. He noticed some flaws out there tonight, some weakness in the Ultimate Warrior which they can exploit. Right now Rick Rude is going through the most extensive training an athlete has ever pushed themselves too. He is the only man to ever defeat the UItimate Warrior for a title and just like he did it before, he’ll do it again and bring the WWF title back to the Bobby Heenan family.

The Warrior is walking in circles around Mean Gene and says that the power of the Ultimate Warrior is out of control! He will open the wounds from the previous battles and he will swallow all the strengths that Rick Rude has promised to bring him (whatever this means!).

Vince McMahon and Jesse Ventura close Saturday Night’s Main Event and the show ends with the pair of them sat on horses and Jesse sharing a carrot with his horse!

I was hoping we’d seen the back of Warrior promos after the Hogan match. Can’t say I’m looking forward to the weekly inane drivel from him in this Rude program.

• 1 month later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1990-04-28-WWF-Saturday Night's Main Event] Bobby Heenan and Ultimate Warrior