Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-06-09-WWF-Superstars] Ted DiBiase vignette

Loss

• 1 month later...

Ted DiBiase visits Cobb County. He finds a guy on the side of the road who claims to have been abused by Boss Man in prison. I refuse to believe he called himself the Big Boss Man as a police officer! DiBiase vignettes are always fun.

Later in the week, Gene Okerlund visits the same spot to investigate. He finds the foreman at the construction site, and I crack up that he mistakenly calls Gene "Ma'am" before correcting himself. He vouches for Boss Man's credentials.

Very good promo from DiBiase, as he talks to an apparent former inmate who claims to have been beaten by the Boss Man. Nailz is neither seen nor referred to, which makes me question DiBiase's dirt-digging skills somewhat. Okerlund talks to a foreman who claims that the Boss Man "wouldn't beat anybody," and credits him for having this job.

This really is a fine example of the WWF's brainwashing savvy at work. Boss Man has gone from a guy who routinely abused jobbers after matches (not to mention Brother Love) with his nightstick to an upstanding officer who "wouldn't beat anybody" and is a work-release pioneer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

You know, I think we all should have been suspicious when they put only one man on that pile of dirt job. I mean, it was an awfully big pile of dirt. Wouldn't you want at least a group of people working on that, or a bulldozer or something? I'm no construction worker, but it seems like it would take a long time for one man to shovel that awfully big pile of dirt, and may not be the most efficient use of resources.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Ted says that what’s been communicated to him so far about the Big Bossman is what a fair and honest man he was, and what a just Prison Guard he was at the Cobb County Correctional Institute. He’s here in Cobb County to prove that wasn’t the case, as he has a man with him who tells a different story. The gentleman is shovelling dirt and says how he spent time in the Cobb County Correctional Institute. He says that the Bossman wasn’t fair or honest, and that he used to come in his cell at night, handcuff and beat him. When Dibiase suggests that it sounds like the Big Bossman treated him like a dog, the gentleman says that nobody treats a dog like that. Dibiase then says that this is an example of the Big Bossman’s justice, a man reduced to shovelling dirt, and that is just what the Big Bossman is, a great big pile of dirt!

We return to the arena and Vince McMahon says that although their cameras followed Ted Dibiase to Cobb County earlier in the week, later that week they sent Gene Okerlund on assignment to talk to some people.

Okerlund is at the same location, and says that there were so many contradictions in the testimony of that gentleman that he would like to speak to him himself. He finds the foreman and says that the Million Dollar Man was out here recently talking to a man who was shovelling sand in that pile. The foreman says how he hasn’t had anybody doing any shovelling for him. Gene states that this man was a former prison inmate at the Cobb County Correctional Institute and he tells him that no former prison inmates work here. Okerlund wonders if by chance the foreman knows the Big Bossman and he says that he does. He’s a very fine man and if it wasn’t for him he wouldn’t have this job.

Hmmmm, Gene smells a rat!

• GSR changed the title to [1990-06-09-WWF-Superstars] Ted DiBiase vignette