Pro Wrestling Only

• 2 months later...

Rick Martel is out to start things out and spray Arrogance everywhere. It's not a right, it's a privilege, to quote Martel. Hawk says someone sprayed something that smells like something he did, which I thought was a great line for some reason. The storyline is that the LOD cost the Demos the tag titles.

• 2 weeks later...

"HA HA HA HA! You ALWAYS have a rush when these guys are around!" Vince, for all of his promoting prowess, really had no clue how to get these guys over properly. This is mostly a good promo (especially from Hawk, naturally) but there's that glad-handing with the Hart Foundation and sticking up for the "Little Doomers" and questioning the Demos as role models that brings it all down. Hawk saves this again afterward.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Martel sprays some Arrogance around for Brother Love. Legion of Doom did indeed cause Demolition to lose the title. They are cool with that and will do whatever they want. They again deny that they are Demolition impostors. Legion of Doomers. What is up with all these silly names for wrestler’s fans.

• 2 years later...

I wiped out my first try. From the top:

This is about as close as you'll ever get to a Road Warriors-style promo from the Legion of Doom, and yes, they're two entirely different teams with the same members. I especially liked Hawk's line about Arrogance and his telling Brother Love, "If you were our brother, you wouldn't be here." Even calling Demolition "mini-men" didn't get to me under the circumstances.

The only thing that was over the top was the "Legion of Doomers" bit, but keep in mind, the ass-kicking Road Warriors from JCP and the AWA are no more. Hawk and Animal chose to leave them behind for Vince's money. All babyfaces in the WWF follow the leader (Hogan) and pay homage to the kiddies. Calling the Demos bad role models is a true insult in that context, where it wouldn't be in a more adult promotion.

Actually, the original Demolition was probably a more effective WWF-style tag team than Hawk and Animal were in the ring and out, as too much was lost in the Road Warriors/LOD transition for Hawk and Animal to be more than a slightly more fan-friendly upgrade over the fading Demos. At least that's the way I remember it; I'm anxious to see if the yearbooks over the next couple of years bear me out.

One question: Did Precious Paul really want to take time off, as the magazines said, or did Vince just not want him around? It's interesting to me that the LOD's downhill slide starts when he (and Rocco the dummy) show up at Mania VIII.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

‘Brother Model’ is spraying Arrogance around the set and he says that Arrogance is not a right, it’s a privilege, and Brother Love deserves the best!

Love’s guests this week are two men who are solely responsible for the loss of the tag team championship by Demolition, the Legion of Doom. Love asks ‘Brother Legion’ do they deny the fact that they cost Demolition the tag team titles? Hawk says that someone has sprayed something out here that smells like something he did! He tells Love that they are not his stinking ‘brothers’, and that they did exactly what they wanted, and intended, to do (clips of the Summerslam match airs as Hawk is saying this). Love calls them Demolition impostors and says how he wouldn’t want to be in their shoes now. Animal gets in his face and says how he doesn’t tell him or his brother anything. The Legion of Doom walks in the shadows of no-one and they want Demolition. Hawk hopes that they got under their skin and that they’re now full of hatred and anger, because they are, and they can’t wait to get in the ring with them.

• GSR changed the title to [1990-09-15-WWF-Superstars] Brother Love: Legion of Doom