Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-10-26-NWA-Power Hour] Louisville Slugger: Nasty Boys

Loss

• 2 months later...

Check out Cornette's jacket! Where does one even find something that ugly? They show the Nasty Boys attack on the Steiners at the contract signing again. Decent interview to set up Havoc. This is capped off by Gordon Solie going over the PPV lineup. Why did everything Ole Anderson put together seem so small time, even when it was good?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm saddened as we are rapidly approaching Jim Cornette's farewell to the NWA and as a regular on this Yearbook. The Nasties were never great interviews but they were usually decent, and this comes through here. They're really pushing the New Yorker angle with them, which would play fairly well in the South and was an aspect that the WWF would drop.

There's a definite difference in production values in the Big Two's respective PPV reports that's evident here. Good-looking top of the card but holy fuck did WCW's undercard go to hell over the course of the year. J.W. Storm, Wildcat Wendell Cooley, the Master Blasters, and a Moondog all get PPV time. Let's not even discuss this time period in that big JTTS thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I'll comment on the contract signing footage in its appropriate thread.

Knobbs and Sags are much better here than I remember them being with Vince; then again, that's the case with just about everyone. They seem scarier, like they really want to mess up the Steiners. The best part is, not one mention of "Nastyville", which seemed to be about every third word in their WWF promos, from what I remember.

I had thought that Corny and the MX left right after Havoc, but it seems that they stuck around until at least mid-November, and that they were going to renew hostilities with the Southern Boys before they walked out. All I can say is, better late than never!

• 1 year later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1990-10-26-NWA-Power Hour] Louisville Slugger: Nasty Boys