Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-12-09-WWF-Wrestling Challenge] Interview: Randy Savage & Sensational Sherri

Loss

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did Savage ever wrestle in this get-up? What would happen if Savage in this gear ever wrestled Tugboat in his? It'd be like watching Ron and Don Harris going at it. Savage relishes describing what he did to the Warrior with his scepter. Savage promises to strip the Warrior of both his belt and dignity. Great, great interview.

• 2 years later...

This was an extremely focused and intense promo from Savage, bizarre outfit aside. I'm wondering if they realized that too much Sherri, as cartoonish as she had become, would take away from the very angle she'd helped to launch so perfectly. Or maybe they were subtly laying the groundwork for their breakup at Mania VII.

Like Kevin, I'm wondering what Randy meant when he said that he'd break the bond between Warrior Prime and all his little Warriors. Was he referring simply to taking the title away, or was he talking about something else that ended up being dropped? It's tough to tell with a loose cannon like Savage.

Exchange of the Week, with Gino and Bobby talking about Savage's spending habits:

Gino: He spends more money accidentally than you do on purpose.

Bobby: Yep, and I'm proud of it!

That's just one example of why they're the funniest commentary team in wrestling history, bar none.

Line of the Week also goes to Heenan for his description of Savage as the world's toughest barber pole. They don't make humor in wrestling like this anymore, my friends.

• 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1990-12-09-WWF-Wrestling Challenge] Interview: Randy Savage & Sensational Sherri