Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-01-30-WCW-Clash of the Champions XIV] Interview: Stan Hansen

Loss

• 4 weeks later...

Meet Stan Hansen, the godfather of puro elitism! He talks about how all anyone wants in the U.S. is pretty boys and face paint, but in Japan, fans want to see real men fight. They show a clip of the Vader match from the Tokyo Dome and use that to hype the match at Wrestle War. Tony Schiavone does a lot to get over how big of a deal this is, and I love that they showed the clip. Awesome.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I couldn't get past the chew. For Christ's sake, Dusty, stop having Stan come out with that shit in his mouth. How the hell can anyone concentrate on what he's saying with gobs of it all over the place? Now his mouth's so full of it he can barely be understood. If you can't promote a Texan without using chewing tobacco as a prop, then don't hire any more Texans.

I think I heard something about how Vader can use his mask and Stan can use his cowbell. Is this supposed to be a no-DQ or anything goes match?

I don't think they were teasing a Sting/Hansen program here. The time for that would have been while Sting was champ a few months back. Especially with Stan not wrestling in WCW full time, what would be the point? If all you want is a one-off payday for Stan, Vader's a perfect opponent for him.

• 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1991-01-30-WCW-Clash of the Champions XIV] Interview: Stan Hansen