Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-05-25-USWA-Memphis TV] Jerry Lawler, Bill & Jamie Dundee

Loss

• 2 months later...

Lawler is back! And he's here to moderate a conversation between Dundee the elder and Dundee the younger. This is Jamie's return from a 30-day suspension. Jamie is out to apologize for his recent behavior. He felt the need to do it on television since that is where this all started. He's willing to leave Memphis for 30 days instead of Bill Dundee, since the contract says "William Dundee" has to leave for 30 days if he loses, and that's also his legal name.

Jamie seems contrite about his past behavior, then calls out Eddie Marlin and via contract finagling, offers to serve Bill's 30-day ban for him. Marlin says he'll probably get in trouble with the "main office" but goes along with it.

We'll see where this goes--could be a babyface turn, could be another set-up. I kind of hope it's the former because we've already had enough Jamie fakeouts.

• 4 weeks later...

Lawler is back helping out on commentary. Bill and Jamie seem back together. Bill lost to Embry and has to leave to USWA for 30 days. Jamie volunteers to take Bill’s spot and leave for 30 days. Marlin goes along with it. So they had match twice and didn’t follow up with the stipulation either time. I wonder if Jamie had a change of heart for real.

• 2 weeks later...

Jamie seems contrite about his past behavior, then calls out Eddie Marlin and via contract finagling, offers to serve Bill's 30-day ban for him. Marlin says he'll probably get in trouble with the "main office" but goes along with it.

We'll see where this goes--could be a babyface turn, could be another set-up. I kind of hope it's the former because we've already had enough Jamie fakeouts.

It went nowhere. Jamie left/got fired. We wouldnt see him again until PG-13 shows up

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I actually like the way they did this. They came right out and admitted that they were using a loophole to thwart the Texas bunch, so it's not the same thing as just refusing to follow the stipulation. Heaven knows Embry and company needed one to be put over on them sooner rather than later before they flat-out took over the promotion.

I'm pretty sure that Jamie was supposed to be legit turning face. I don't have any inside information or anything, but he'd already swerved his dad at least once that we've seen, so what would be the point of doing it again except to make Bill look irredeemably stupid, not to mention Eddie Marlin for going along with Jamie's suggestion in the first place? It's not out of the realm of possibility, but this feud needs to turn around in a hurry before business goes completely in the sewer.

I like how Lawler didn't stick around to interview Embry. There's no sense in teasing their confrontation too far in advance; they'll have their day of reckoning with each other soon enough.

• 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1991-05-25-USWA-Memphis TV] Jerry Lawler, Bill & Jamie Dundee