Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-08-17-W*ING-1st Take Off Tour] The Headhunters vs Dos Caras & El Fantasma

Loss

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I dunno if that moonsault headbutt was what the Headhunter was going for, but a regular press would have worked a lot better. Fantasma looked good, especially for a big lucha musclehead, and Dos had a fun opening flurry, but there wasn't much to this. The fanboy after-the-fact overdubbed commentary was real, real distracting--and would have been moreso if I'd understood what they were saying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm here, DR. I took some time off to refresh my brain and tend to some other things that I'd neglected for too long.

As for this bout, it was weird, to say the least. There was a fair bit of action, but very little tag team continuity. What there was of it, the Mexicans had, as I don't think the Headhunters tagged more than once in the whole match. But the moonsault got the win for them anyway, as sloppy as it looked. That finish was a bit of a surprise to me, as I was sure that the guy would miss, which would lead to a hot tag by the Mexican team.

I've heard the name Headhunters before, of course, but where has this particular incarnation worked? I thought I remembered a team called the New Guinea Headhunters in Continental during the mid-to-late eighties. Are these the same guys?

• 2 years later...

So I guess 2 cheap Abdullah knock-offs is better than 1. And one of them can do a moonsault, yay? Be nice if they were anything beyond serviceable in the ring. And I feel like I'm being generous giving them that. Fantasma throws a nice dropkick, but it seems like that's all he's good for. This match was....really forgettable.

• GSR changed the title to [1991-08-17-W*ING-1st Take Off Tour] The Headhunters vs Dos Caras & El Fantasma