Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-09-05-WCW-Clash of the Champions XVI] Rick Steiner & Bill Kazmaier vs The Enforcers

Loss

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Rick has to basically work solo due to Kazmaier's injury, and because he sucks. Rick as FIP is rarely a good idea, nor is it here. Kazmaier tags himself in and gets pinned immediately.

Anderson and Zbyszko shit all over Rick's amateur credentials and Kazmaier's muscles. What an absurdly anticlimactic Clash main event, but the tag titles are definitely in the right place.

Not much of a match to determine the tag titles. Steiner was going all alone until Kazamier tagged himself in. He gets pinned seconds later as the Enforcers immediately target his injured ribs. How even did Steiner/Kazamier get to the finals in the first place.

• 9 months later...

They really rushed this one as they were pushed for time. I understand Bill is injured but christ he could have done something here. He just stands on the apron with a thumb up his ass while his partner is getting double teamed. When he does tag in, he gets immediately beaten. Epic fail for him tonight.

• 6 months later...

Not much of a match to determine the tag titles. Steiner was going all alone until Kazamier tagged himself in. He gets pinned seconds later as the Enforcers immediately target his injured ribs. How even did Steiner/Kazamier get to the finals in the first place.

They beat Black Blood's replacement "The Executioner" and OMG. The internet has no record of who the pasty chubby masked jobber was in that match :(

Good angle earlier to set Arn and Larry up as sneaky, cheatin' bastards. This seemed to set up the Steiners vs. Larry and Arn nicely for Havoc (or even a 6 man maybe) but no dice.

The Hardliners are also gone after losing to Rick and a large assortment of babyfaces over the month of August. Any word why they left?

• 10 months later...

I understand why people aren't too thrilled to see an inexperienced muscleman like Kazmaier almost getting pushed to the tag titles so quickly; it doesn't exactly make my day either. But to say that Dusty should have turned Rick heel on him just because? What earthly good would that have done, Loss? Or are you suggesting that Rick should have shot on him and beat him up legit on national TV? Complaining is one thing, but saying that kind of stuff is just plain ridiculous.

That said, to give a match like this just six minutes, even taking the angle before it into account, is just plain absurd. A forfeit would have achieved the same purpose and kept Kaz hot for possible challenges down the line, because at least some fans would have been curious to see if he could learn enough about pro wrestling to hang with Arn and Larry. As it stands now, who wants to see a man dumb enough to cost his team a championship match just because he wanted to be a hero, and who's just a placeholder for Scotty to boot?

This is why I say that Rick should have been pushed as a single, maybe even to Sting's spot as US champion, until Scotty could return. I guess they simply didn't have any other face tag teams than the Steiners, because who needed them while Rick and Scotty were so hot? Now that thinking's come back to bite Dusty squarely in the ass. It was time for heel tag champions, but not like this. Thank heaven that Arn and Larry look to be good enough in the ring and on the stick to withstand getting the belts like they have. We'll see for sure in the next couple of months.

• 1 year later...

Watched this one again earlier today. This is a super short match, due to Kazmaier's "injury" and the fact that he sucks. The Enforcers prove they are smart by attacking him earlier in the evening, basically leaving Rick Steiner all by himself in the title match. Kazmaier tags himself in, and Rick gets pissed at him. Kazmaier cleans house for a few seconds until he goes for a press slam, gets whacked in the taped ribs by Arn and pinned by Zbyszko. I loved the Enforcers and wish they would've had a longer run. But a couple of months later, the ended up dropping the belts in one of my favorite matches of all time to Steamboat/Dustin Rhodes at Clash 17.

• 6 months later...

Couldn't we have just had the Steiners pull out of the tournament and some kind of squash match to give the titles to the Enforcers? It would have been more entertaining and far less idiotic. What we got was esentially a two-part squash anyway, Ricky going over on the Enforcers and the Enforcers going over on Kazmaier.

• GSR changed the title to [1991-09-05-WCW-Clash of the Champions XVI] Rick Steiner & Bill Kazmaier vs The Enforcers