Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-11-03-WCW-Main Event] Terrence Taylor & Richard Morton & Thomas Rich vs Big Josh & Dustin Rhodes & Tom Zenk

Loss

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Fun little match all around. The York Foundation's transition onto offense on Dustin is some classic heeling, as is Rich attempting to make nice with and then double-cross Big Josh (continuity!). Morton and Rich in particular are absolute masters, considering how much money they'd made as babyfaces.

Thomas Rich is now a part of the York Foundation. Big Josh’s log roll is silly but would still hurt to have someone jumping in your stomach like that. I wonder if Alexander York has some ridiculous sabermetric stats for wrestling like baseball does. Her computer has the winning formula for six man tags. The AJPW guys must be going nuts for this info.

• 11 months later...

6-man titles on the line. I love Dustin's music so much. Fun match with Big Josh seeming more motivated than usual and Rich clowning around. Something about Morton cheating brings a smile to my face as well. Finish with the reversal of fortune for the heels was a lot of fun.

• 1 year later...

Nice little six-man here, and it's nice to see the belts finally get some attention,

It seems like we haven't seen the Yorks in a month of Sundays. For a stable that seemed ready to be a major player, and that had a gimmick which could have really gotten over if marketed correctly, they've become an afterthought and a disappointment through no fault of their own.

There was a lot of solid action, and the "turnabout is fair play" finish (Borne pinning Taylor with his feet on the ropes just seconds after Taylor tried to do the same thing to him) was a treat. Unfortunately, we only get sporadic match commentary from JR, who instead talks about his radio show, runs down the lineup on WCWSN for the following Saturday, recaps Halloween Havoc, and especially dissects Rick Steiner's motivation for and chances of beating Luger for the World title as a way of plugging a Power Hour interview with him the following Saturday. The only thing that remotely interests him about the match going on in the ring is the brief confrontation between old friends Borne and Rich. If it wasn't a title match I could understand this to a point, but the six-man title is still a championship no matter how infrequently it's talked about or featured, and thus deserves respect as such. Maybe he was just mad that he couldn't talk about anyone's football background.

It's good to see the heel team as the one with a legitimate gripe for a change, and I'm looking forward to the rematches.

• 2 years later...

I liked this match. Even with the odd babyface team of Zenk, Borne the Logger and Dustin. Dustin does a pretty good FIP. Ricky Morton continues to be a much better heel than one would ever expect. Makes you wonder if he couldn't have gone better places if this had happened let's say 5 years earlier. I really enjoyed the finish as well, seeing the heels get their come-uppance like that always puts a smile on my face.

• GSR changed the title to [1991-11-03-WCW-Main Event] Terrence Taylor & Richard Morton & Thomas Rich vs Big Josh & Dustin Rhodes & Tom Zenk