Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-11-22-CMLL] Los Brazos vs MS-1 & Pirata Morgan & El Satanico

Loss

• 4 months later...

What a difference Satanico makes! He seems to raise everyone's game, as the comedy spots are still there and still look great, but everyone is also doing better wrestling exchanges too. This is the best trios match of 1991 at this point and a MOTYC, as Los Infernales being such strong heels makes the match feel like a real struggle with meaningful momentum shifts instead of just entertaining sequences rolled out to pop the crowd, which is how all the Brazos matches in 1991 before this have come across to me. The heat for this is through the roof and all of the nearfall attempts (not just in the final fall) carry so much importance. Just an incredible performance from everyone involved.

• 1 month later...

We get a six man boat rowing submission thingy. That was a great pinfall taunt by MS-1, Pirata and Satanico on the second fall. I prefer the Brazos doing mostly commentary but this was one of their best straight up matches. Lots of good pin fall attempts in third fall.

Ah, the best of both lucha worlds: this is for some championship of some sort, so we get a trios match worked as a lucha title match. That means lots of cool matwork in the opening fall, and we slowly progress to dives--but at no point does this ever stray from two teams trying to Win the Match. Big heat for the Infernales beating down all three Brazos to end the second fall, even after it was already won. Some great near-falls in the tercera caida with some great mat-based reversals. MS-1 and El Brazo eliminate each other as MS-1 attempts a way cool leg submission/cradle thingy but pins himself as well in the process, and Morgan reverses a victory roll to score the win and titles (presumably) for Los Infernales. Five of the six guys here looked great while Porky was more on the okayish side by comparison--jury's still out but he may be the one Brazo who's better suited for comedy than straight-up wrestling, though he did get in his dive to the floor that always gets the crowd going.

• 1 month later...

All the fun of the fair. There was naturally some comedy with Super Porky, he was the central character of the piece. Importantly the wrestling was impressive too with matwork, flying and near falls. The finish to the primera was particularly strong. I felt like Porky should've been involved at the end as it seemed to be building towards that. Los Brazos matches aren't generally my type of thing but this was the best of them.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Great trios match. Satanico can make anything interesting and is opening matwork was inspiring. I thought everyone here looked really fresh and it was the perfect mixture of comedy, wrestling, strikes, and dives. The finish to the first fall with the triple sunset flip was amazing and topped by the leaning tower of Infernales to end the second fall. The final fall felt really dramatic and featured great selling on the submission moves and an insane dive by porky. Awesome Brazo's trios.

• 1 year later...

I'm not the biggest trios fan going, but I'll admit that this looked like a very well-worked match that relied much more on mat wrestling and basic submissions than most matches in this style, which made it easier to follow. My problem with this had nothing to do with the work; I could barely tell the difference between Satanico and MS-1, and I had a little trouble telling El Brazo and Brazo de Oro apart as well. You'd think I'd be able to tell who I was looking at after watching so many trios matches over the last two Yearbooks, but such isn't the case. It wasn't until just the other day that I found out Super Porky and Brazo de Plata were one and the same!

For whatever reason, I'm still having trouble grasping the trios style even after the 80s lucha set plus these two Yearbooks. Is there any hope for me as a "smart" fan at all? :D

• 1 year later...

#305 - placetobenation.com/countdown-top-500-matches-of-the-90s-350-301/2/

I really love Satanico. I'm still growing when it comes to Lucha, but through the 90 YB and the other highly pimped stuff I've seen, he and Atlantis are currently my top 2 personal favorites. The finish of the first fall was really entertaining. After the second fall, I loved the tower of heels. Satanico was the glue in this great match, but really good performances all around.

• 1 year later...

I was pretty stoked when Satanico was the third rudo instead of Estrada. The finishes to both of the first 2 caidas were really good. The execution on the first caida finish was really, really, really...you'd think that was too many, but it isn't...really impressive. The two porky dives (!!!!) were great. I liked how they worked the third fall with los Brazos coming oh so close to winning over and over. The crowd was eating it up and so was I. Great match and it had pretty much everything you want out of lucha outside of the bloody brawling.

• GSR changed the title to [1991-11-22-CMLL] Los Brazos vs MS-1 & Pirata Morgan & El Satanico