Pro Wrestling Only

Puerto Rico Wrestling

Dylan Waco

Stan Hansen v. Carlos Colon - 1986

This is the first match. Based on the date of the next match this is likely from late September or October of 86. It takes place at the Coliseo Roberto Clemente and your commentator is Hugo Savinovich. Hugo mentions on commentary that Hansen has come back more deranged than ever and that Carlos has to be careful. This is a man that did not lose the AWA title, instead he turned in the belt to the AWA president. Hansen nails ref Tomas Marin "El Martillo" and Hugo starts saying that it looks like Hansen is out for revenge. Remember that Hansen was one of the men that put Carlos in the hospital a couple of years ago. What we are seeing is not a match, Hansen appears to be trying to end Carlos. This is a brutal attack we are seeing by Hansen. Hansen finally gets in the ring not letting up and we have no ref, we are not sure if the match has officially started. Now a second ref, Ricky Vargas, shows up and the match is a go with Carlos already in bad shape. The ref is trying to establish order and is letting the match go on. Hugo continues narrating the events of the match. Hugo mentions that you have to beware of that elbow pad, Hansen is known to sometimes load it up with objects. Colon makes his comeback and Hugo starts putting over Carlos' bravery and fortitude. When Colon bites Hansen, Hugo starts exclaiming "Blood in the ring, blood on the champ, blood on the challenger!" The reverse mule kick is referred to as Carlos' secret weapon which has got him out of some jams before. Now Colon inadvertantly knocks out the second ref with an errant elbow. Out comes "El Rockero" Al Perez (who had turned heel a bit before this and joined up with Chicky Starr) and hides from the ref's view. Perez proceeds to hand an object to Hansen, who uses it to load up his elbow pad. Hansen wallops Carlos with the loaded elbow as the ref comes to. Hansen gets the three count and wins the Universal title.

Stan Hansen v. Carlos Colon - 11/9/86

This is the rematch from the Estadio Hiram Bithorn. Stan Hansen is challenging Carlos Colon for the Universal title. Wait, but didn't Hansen win the first match and leave as champ? Well, yes but based on Hugo's commentary there was some fall out. Hugo mentions that Hansen had hurt Colon in the previous match and had walked out as champ (Hugo mentions that Hansen declared himself champ). However, apparently the wrestling commision overturned/revoked the result. I'm not sure if it was because of the outside inteference or due to Hansen attacking the original referee and the commission ruling the match should have been thrown out at that point. In any case, Hansen is not the champ, Carlos is, and this match is to settle the matter. To start, Colon turns the tables on Hansen and jumps him to start the match. Hugo mentions that Hansen was not expecting for Carlos to jump him right out of the gate with such ferocity. This match is basically a brawl out of the ring, with Hansen eventually grinding Carlos' face against the fencing. The turning point comes when Hansen tries to lariat Carlos by a metal tube and ends up hitting the tube when Carlos dodges. Colon proceeds to work on the arm. Hugo once again mentions on commentary that Hansen is a former AWA champion, that he didn't lose the title, instead he turned it in to the AWA president and is now here for the Universal title (that's a subtle way to put over your top title / make it seem important). Carlos is on the offensive and at one point starts biting Hansen in the corner. The ref backs Carlos off and Hansen proceeds to load up the elbow pad and catch Colon with a loaded lariat. As the ref counts the pin, Commisioner Pedro Castillo jumps in the ring and stops the count. He calls for the bell and declares Carlos the winner by DQ. Hansen, pissed at this turn of events, proceeds to attack the commisioner. He piledrives Colon and hits a loaded lariat on the commisioner outside of the ring. As a result of this, a tag match was signed for the year end show.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carlos Colon/Huracan Castillo Sr. interview

This is an interview to hype up the tag match for the year end show. Carlos is going to team up with commisioner Pedro Castillo (who wrestled as Fidel Castillo in the U.S and Canada, but was a top star in Puerto Rico as Huracan Castillo in the 70's and early 80's) to take on Stan Hansen and Chicky Starr. Why Chicky? Well, Chicky and Castillo had an issue going on. Earlier in the year, the Starr cousins were the North American tag champs. Two young up and comers, Miguelito Perez and Huracan Castillo Jr. (they would be dubbed the Carribean Express), challenged them for the belts and were shot down by the Starr cousins. their reasoning being that they would have to beat them first in a non-title match. The Express managed to goad them into a match and beat them. After several attempts, Perez and Castillo managed to win the titles from the Starr cousins. Howver, later in the year, Castillo Jr. was hurt during a match (I think it was a fractured arm) and was taken out by Chicky Starr. As a result, Miguelito started teaming up with a wrestler named Big Red. Chicky expected the tag belts to be vacated since Castillo Jr. was injured. Instead, commisioner Pedro Castillo determined that Miguelito and Big Red would continue to defend the belts and declared them the champions. Chicky took exception to this, accused the commisioner of playing favorites and attacked Castillo Sr. (leaving him a bloody mess).

Basically, we are seeing the retun of the Pareja Atomica (what they called Colon and Castillo Sr. when they teamed up in earlier years). Colon says we're only hours away, that he wants to shut up Chicky Starr, that Hansen's been the only wrestler he hasn't been able to beat 1-2-3 in the middle of the ring, that Hansen insulted his friend the commisioner and that they were ready. Everyone knows that Huracan Castillo Sr. was the biggest rudo there had been in PR and that Colon himself can step up and stand toe to toe with anyone. Colon promises that tonight it won't be a match, it will be a war, and he hopes when it is done Castillo and he are victorious.

Castillo agrees with Colon, this won't be a match, it will be a massacre. Everyone in PR knows of Colon's reputation and of the reputation Castillo himself had when he was wrestling, so Chicky and Hansen beware, this will be a massacre. Chicky, everytime I see you I will beat you like a drum. Colon will take care of Hansen. Castillo can't wait for it to be tonight already, he wants to get his hands on Chicky so bad. He warns Chicky that he will not be accountable for his actions, he is not the commisioner tonight, the rule book has been thrown out, he will not have any ethics. This will be the massacre of the century.

The last part of the video is a short interview to hype Mil Mascaras' match against new North American champ Bob Hefferman. The gist is that Mascaras prepared for the previous champ Jos LeDuc and was asked if the change in opponent would affect him. Short answer, no.

Stan Hansen/Chicky Starr v. Carlos Colon/Huracan Castillo Sr. - 12/86

From the Estadio Hiram Bithorn at the year end show. The referee is Victor Quinones. This is a brawl. Huracan Castillo's shirt reads Mr. Encyclopedia, which was his nickname when he wrestled. Colon is basically face-in-peril for the first part. Colon manages to tag out after a foul on Chicky. The match turns into a brawl again, with Colon and Hansen on the outside and Castillo and Chicky in the ring. This has basically turned into a Texas Tornado match. Hansen eventually brings the bullrope into the ring, nails Colon and proceeds to strangle Carlos with it. Hansen launches Colon over the top and hangs him. The ref tries to stop it and gets elbowed by Hansen. Believe it or not, this is what causes the ref to DQ Hansen and Chicky. The faces make the save and Colon is attended by a first aid physician.

As a result of the hanging, Colon demanded a bullrope match with Hansen. The match was signed for the Three Kings Day show. Hansen would gloat on TV leading up to the match claiming that there was no way Colon could beat him in a bullrope match. In fact, Hansen went as far as too say that in the improbable result that Colon beat him, he would leave PR.

Stan Hansen v. Carlos Colon - Bullrope Match 1/6/87

From the Coliseo Roberto Clemente on Three Kings Day. Interesting Fact: This card also featured Jason the Terrible and Abdullah the Butcher taking on the team of Invader #1 and Bruiser Brody (really) and a Lights Out No DQ match between Chicky Starr and Huracan Castillo Sr. Hugo puts over how dangerous the match is and mentions that the winner is the first man to touch all four turnbuckles. Anything goes, the only thing that can stop the match is touching all four corners. Once again, Hugo mentions that Hansen was the AWA champ but did not lose that title. He turned that title in and now wants the Universal title. Hugo also mentions that the bullrope has a bell that could be used to cause damage. The match is absolutely fantastic and should be seen by any wrestling fan. Skipping to the end, Colon survives and gets the win. Hansen attacks Carlos and they proceed to brawl back to the locker room. This issue is settled. Or is it?

Chicky Starr's Sport Shop Interview Segments - 1/17/87 & 1/24/87

This is a key piece to understanding the rest of the Colon vs. Hansen feud. While the quality is not that good and there are better videos of the first interview segment, I'm using this one because it includes the second Sport Shop segment. I'll translate the initial exchanges between Chicky and Carlos:

CS: Every week we have a special guest on our segment, but this week we'll make an exception since this week we don't have a special guest, what we have is garbage. We have Carlos Colon...

CC: Without insults, without insults. If you're going to disrespect me I'm going to get up and leave.

CS: I'm not disrespecting you, I'm just calling you what you are. Just sit down. I want to tell you something, you have been going around with your big mouth bragging that you've run Stan Hansen out of wrestling here in Puerto Rico.

CC: Well, I got him out of Puerto Rico because I beat him and he had said if he was defeated, if he were to lose a match with Carlos Colon he would leave Puerto Rico. I beat him and I have proof of that, let's look at the tape.

CS: What do you...

Tape rolls of the end of the bullrope match.

CS: Who the hell do you think you are! This is my segment and I'm in charge here!

CC: Don't disrespect me again, I will not stand for any more of your insults.

CS: No, you're wrong! This is my segment and I'm in charge here! Look, (points at sign) Chicky Starr's Sport Shop, it doesn't say Carlos Colon's Sport Shop! And I'll tell you what I think of you! You're an idiot, a filthy negro, a dirty negro!

CC: (standing up and pointing at Chicky) Now just one minute, don't insult me..!

Chicky spits on Carlos and Carlos slaps him hard in response. He grabs Chicky by the neck and then..., well watch the video.

Around the 3:40 mark Chicky starts talking again in Spanish:

CS: Now you're getting what you deserve! There you have that garbage, the garbage that is Carlos Colon! There you have that negro on the floor, just as Stan and I wanted him. There you have Carlos Colon, tied up as if he were a calf! There he is! Get up if you can! That's it, we've humiliated you like we wanted to! There you have Carlos Colon! Look at him good! The garbage of here!

At the 4:20 mark (cue the RVD jokes) the next week's segment starts:

CS: Week after week the best in wrestling, the number one program, obviously because I'm involved, that's why it's number one in the sport. Every week an important guest and this week we have the great Stan Hansen.

Stan starts talking, then Chicky translates for the viewers.

CS (at the 5:25 mark): There's a VCR tape we want you to see, roll that tape so you can see that filthy Carlos Colon. (This is obviously a dig at Carlos after last week's roll the tape argument).

Tape rolls of last week's attack on Colon.

CS: Now you've seen it all, this man here is pure joy. You can see it on his face, Carlos Colon get ready, because yours is coming. This is all for this week on your favorite segment, Chicky Starr's Sport Shop.

I haven't found video of the rest of the fall out, but I understand it goes like this. The same week that Hansen and Chicky were bragging and playing the video, Carlos Colon appeared on tv and said he was leaving. He had been humiliated, he did not like what was happening and he couldn't face the people after what was done to him. Hugo Savinovich spent the next few weeks trying to track down Carlos to get an interview with him and try to get him to come back. These efforts were fruitless. Meanwhile, Chicky was having a field day replaying the footage over and over during those weeks. Finally, Hugo was able to track down Carlos with the help of El Ejercito de la Justicia (what the faces are called in WWC, it translates as The Army of Justice). They met Carlos at an undisclosed location. Carlos looked terrible, he was disheveled and unshaven. El Ejercito told Carlos that the commission was about to invoke the 30 day rule and he would be stripped of the Universal title if he did not return. Invader told Carlos that he was not a quitter. Carlos said Invader was right, he's never been a quitter, but he had never been humiliated like that in his life and he just couldn't face the public after that attack. Invader said that they could get it done together, Invader would take care of Chicky and Carlos would take care of Hansen. Carlos said he would think about it.

That weekend, the heels were attacking Invader after a match with Chicky (I think it was Chicky) when Carlos made the surprise save. Afterwards, a fired up Carlos said that he wanted Hansen and Chicky, that they were going to pay for humiliating him like they did. While Hansen was in Japan, Carlos wrestled Chicky and ended up "breaking" his leg with the figure four. When Hansen came back, they met up again.

Stan Hansen v. Carlos Colon - likely late Feb or March 1987

This is the first match between them since the Sport Shop hogtie incident. This explains why Colon just assaults Hansen throughout the match and why Colon just leaves Hansen in the figure four for so long. Colon's intentions were to break Hansen's leg just like he did to Chicky. In a way, it puts Hansen over as a tough guy by being in the figure four so long without giving up. Hansen, desperate to get out, hits Carlos with a crutch (likely Chicky's). As Hansen makes his escape, Carlos just goes berserk, hitting referees and anything that moves. At the end, a fired up Carlos addresses the fans and swears by his mother that he will end Hansen.

Stan Hansen v. Carlos Colon - Cage Match 3/14/87

Finally, we get to the blowoff. Another great match to cap this feud off. After Hansen's escape in the previous match, it makes sense for it to be in a cage to make sure that there is nowhere to run to. At the end of the match, the rudos try to interfere but El Ejercito de la Justicia is there to cut them off. Colon exits the cage for the win and joins the fight outside. The rudos leave Invader a bloody mess on the floor and he is helped out by his comrades. Carlos grabs the mic and challenges Chicky Starr's Sports Club to a match with El Ejercito de la Justicia. The video ends with Commisioner Castillo promising that it can't continue like this and that it will end in the ring. I'm uncertain of what the follow-up to that challenge was.

Hopefully this guide helps you navigate through the Colon vs. Hansen feud in the right order and with some additional context. Let me know if these details add to your perception of the feud.

You guys are very welcome. I'm just glad that there is genuine interest in PR wrestling in terms of the work and product. A lot of this stuff is also somewhat new for me, since I was too young for most of the 80's to really watch it consistently when it was happening, so its fun to watch it now. Of course, sometimes I get frustrated because there are things I remember watching when they happened and I can't find them now to watch online to relive those memories. Still, it's great to see what there is available. If there's some hazy memory nugget I can contribute to help the enjoyment and understanding of the matches, I will gladly share.

Ok I'm going to try and jump into Puerto Rico right now. If I've seen any before it can't be more than a match or two. Gonna start with the Hansen/Colon match that Dylan keeps pimping.

Stan Hansen v. Carlos Colon - Bullrope Match 2/87

Immediately I am excited that the commentary is not spoken as fast as in Lucha as I'm fairly fluent in Spanish as long it's spoken somewhat slowly. Man this really is the best match of this kind I've seen. Sometimes the use of the "touching all 4 corners" gimmick can get really hokey but not here. This was super violent and felt like a real struggle. Awesome match.

I just watched all of the Hansen vs. Colon feud through the bullrope match, which felt like a hell of a climax until the post-match and Chicky Starr Sports Shop segment above, so we'll see what the last 2 matches have to offer. Loved the way it all built and the bullrope match itself was definitely awesome, though I still prefer Superbrawl 3 as the best of its kind.

• 3 weeks later...

Since the scaffold match is being featured in the Microscope, I've decided to walk through the Invader 3 and Chicky Starr feud. Basically, this is an off shoot of the Invader 1 and Chicky Starr feud that has been on and off since 1985. Truthfully, Chicky and Invader 3 mostly crossed paths due to the latter's association with Invader 1. In 1986 they traded the Junior heavyweight title and faced off in tag matches, but the issues was more focused on Chicky and Invader 1. It wasn't until mid 88 that the issue became more focused between Chicky and Invader 3.

Chicky Starr Sport Shop 10/17/87

We start with a live Sports Shop segment. This is after Aniversario 87 since Chicky is sporting a bandana to cover his head (he lost his hair in match against Invader 1). On tv, Chicky had been trying to recruit Invader 3 to his Sports Club and had gone so far as to give him money to convince him. Now, Chicky was confident that Invader 3 would sign the contract to join his group on this show.

CS (at 0:48): Give the most cordial welcome to the Invader 3, official, to my organization. And, so there is no doubt, here is the contract that will make Invader 3 a deserving member of my organization, because Invader 3 is the person I need to complete my organization. And here comes Invader 3 to the segment most expected by you fans, Chicky Starr's Sports Shop, the segment that gives value and quality to the Super Estrellas de ;a Lucha Libre show. You can sit down Mr. Invader 3, if you're so kind, that's a fine chair, nothng will happen to you. Invader 3, as the fans already know, I've explained it to them, today we are making history with the contract you will be signing momentarily. You no longer have to worry about Invader 1, the jealous one, the man that has always overshadowed you. here is the contract and I hand it you so you can sign it.

I3 (at 1:55): Contract for what?

CS: The contract for you to be an offical member of my organization, for you to sign it. Invader 3, I gave you a $1,000 advance for you to sign.

I3: I never asked you for $1,000. In fact, I'm not a $1,000 man, I'm an honorable man, and not even dead would I be a part of your organization! (Throws down microphone).

CS: WHAT!?!

As Invader 3 starts to leave, Chicky jumps him from behind and ends up suplexing him on the floor. Invader 1 comes to his aid but is eventually attacked by Grizzly Boone. This sets up a program between Invader 1 and Grizzly Boone. After the attack, Invader 3 was stretchered out. The video ends with a rundown of that night's card:

Grudge Tag Match: Carlos Colon/TNT vs. Hercules Ayala/Kareem Muhammed

TV Title: Invader 1 defends against Grizzly Boone

Rematch for the World Tag titles: The Youngbloods challenge Kendo Nagasaki/Mr. Pogo

Huracan Castillo Jr/Miguelito Perez vs. The Wild Samoans

Invader 2 vs. Rambo Ron Starr

& other matches.

Now, this set up Invader 1 vs. Grizzly Boone, but I'm not sure if Chicky and Invader 3 faced off during this time. The first few months of 1988 saw Invader 3 team up with Invader 1 against the Ninja Express (Pogo/Nagasaki/Muta). Invader 3 also wrestled for the Junior Heavyweight title. The next part of this feud is not an obvious one initially.

Clip of Invader 1 vs Rambo Ron Starr 1988

I'm not sure if this match goes here but it seems to be from early in the year. It's from Aguadilla and Ron Starr wins after Chicky interferes. I'm including it to show that, even after the hair match, Chicky is still a thorn in Invader 1's side.

El Vikingo vs Manny Fernandez - probably April 1988

Here we have the debut of a new wrestler in WWC, the Raging Bull Manny Fernandez. At the emd of the match, Chciky Starr appears and congratulates Manny. Afterwards, they are interiewed and Chicky reveals that he is the one who has brought Manny Fernandez to WWC to finish off the good guys. They mention Carlos Colon, Invader 1, Miguelito Perez, etc. Manny is here to get the job done in Chicky's never ending quest to get rid of El Ejercito de la Justicia. You can probably guess what the next match is.

Invader 3 v. Manny Fernandez - May 1988

It's the infamous match between Invader 3 and Manny Fernandez. Although Fernandez is alone, one thing to keep in mind is that in the weeks following this incident, Chicky Starr said that he was the mastermind behind the attack and took all the credit. Thus, when Fernandez eventually left (surprisingly within a week or two after this), all heat from the attack was transferred to the Starr Cousins.

Noti-Lucha May 88

This segment is the week after the Manny Fernandez vs. Invader 3 aired.

JP (in a subdued tone): Friends of Noti-Lucha, the most grave thing that has occured in the world of wrestling is the tragedy that Invader #3 is living through. As you know, this past week, in the Coliseo Pedro Rodriguez in Catano, PR, he lived some hurtful and severe moments when he was brutally hurt by the Raging Bull Manny Fernandez, the result of a brutal kneedrop that produced some internal convulsions that made him bleed profusely. Personally, I have had a lot of experience with regards to wrestling, many years around wrestling, and allow me to confess that never in my life have I ever witnessed a wrestler bleed in such a tragic manner. Honestly, I got queasy just seeing lots and lots of blood emanate from Invader 3's mouth. It produced such sadness in me and honestly, every time I recall it I get very emotional. Since we're talking about this, and for those that did not have the opportunity to experience this live or see it afterwards via our telelvision cameras, let's allow our director the opportunity to show that tragic moment. Go ahead colleague.

At the 1:55 mark video is played of the kneedrop and subsequent injury. Following is the match commentary:

JP: Invader 3 having difficulties against the Raging Bull. He's attacking with a savage fury. He's going to the ropes, looking for the turnbuckle, looking for height. There he goes, wow! Tremendous flying knee drop by the Raging Bull onto Invader 3. Friends, very difficult now the situaton for Invader 3. Going back to the top and, look, he's bleeding, look at that!. (Second knee drop hits) Violently. The ref has called for the bell and he is bleeding in a violent manner. He is bleeding profusely Moyano (Moyano is the other announcer)! Blood is just flowing from Invader 3! And now Fernandez is going back to the top! Look at this. Lots and lots of blood, it almost looks like a river of blood! Fernandez once again from the top. What does this man have hidden in that kneepad, God knows if he has anything hidden in there! Look, El Ejercito de la Justicia is in to help Invader 3. We've got Invader 1, Miguelito Perez, the Youngbloods in the ring. Huracan Castillo Jr (and TNT) also. Lots of blood! It's been so long since i have seen so much blood in the ring.

JP (at 3:30): Well my friends, as a result of those kneedrops by the Raging Bull, Invader 3 is convalescing at his home at this moment. Since we and the fans would like to know how Invader 3 is doing at this moment, we have entrusted Hugo Savinovich, our dear colleague, to conduct an interview and get the latest about him. Go ahead colleague Hugo Savinovich.

HS(at 3:55): We are at the home of Invader 3. As you know, a very sad incident has occurred in Invader 3's life, brutally hurt by the Raging Bull Manny Fernandez. We would like to thank Invader 3's family, his wife and kids, for allowing our cameras in their home for this very special report. Invader 3, for the thousands of people that have called and all the letters we have received, could you tell us a bit about what you've been through when you received that brutal blow, how that has impacted your life, what has Invader 3 been through, and how does Invader 3 feel.

Inv3 (at 4:27 and sounding weak): Well Hugo, you know, for me that has been the biggest, because you know I have received many blows in wrestling, but I can swear to you that I have never seen myself as I have been this time. This time I saw myself on the edge of death and without being able to do anything, because when I saw that that man was going to jump onto me, I couldn't move myself. I felt death, that is what I felt.

HS: When you saw all your blood Invader 3, and I'm sorry for asking you this question, when you saw all that blood coming from your body and you couldn't defend yourself, how can you relate to me what you lived through at that moment?

Inv3: Hugo, I felt like it was the end, I felt like death was right there. But thanks to God who is great and my God who I am always praying to, God has saved me you know. I feel..., I'm still not feeling good, I still feel pretty bad but I hope in God and the Virgin that I wll recover soon.

HS: Yes, yes Padin?

JP (at 5:24): Hugo, sorry to interrupt the interview, but I would like you to communicate the worry we have not only in the Capital Sports family but also from fans that have come to us, we would like to know what Invader 3 and his family have to say, what they think about his wrestling career. Should he continue to wrestle? Does he think he should retire due to this tragedy? We would like for you to inquire about this, sorry for the interuption, but go ahead and ask him.

Inv3: Padin, at this moment I do not want to know anything about wrestling. All I want is to give thanks to all of the public that has called so much and has worried about me. But please, I do not want to talk about wrestling right now, I do not feel like it. All I want is to recover, asking God and the Virgin that I recover soon.

HS: Well, in front of the cameras and I want to do this publicly, although my position is to be nuetral, personally the man lying in this bed, for me, is one of my best friends and I have suffered a lot what he has gone through. In fact, I have cried over what has happened because sometimes only those of us that are in this (wrestling) know the physical pain, the emotional pain one goes through. And my friend (extends his hand), may you get better, you're one of the good ones. And may God always protect you.

Inv3: Thank you.

HS: Friends, this has been a special report for the program Super Estrellas de la Lucha Libre.

JP: Dear friends, let's wish for Invader 3 to recover as soon as possible. Hopefully Invader 3, you will get well really soon. Those are our wishes and the wishes of the numerous wrestling fans, that you feel better soon, but real soon. This has been this installment of Noti Lucha. This has been your friend as always, Joaquin Padin, saying sayonara friends.

El Ejercito de la Justicia Gets Payback on the Raging Bull

At 1:15 the words "They Have Finished the Raging Bull Manny Fernandez" flash across the screen as Hugo narrates what has gone down recently. Hugo explains that it all began this past Saturday, when Carlos Colon and Invader 1 beat Manny from pillar to post. Watch how they treat Manny Fernandez. He was savagely beaten last Saturday by Carlos and Invader 1. Manny tasted his own blood in front of an approving audience. Vengeance is being extracted and this is how they left the Bull in Carolina

At 2:45 we go to the next day, which is Manny vs. Invader 1. The words "The Invader finshed him off in Aguadilla" flash on the screen. Various highlights are shown of the beating. Basically, they're saying Manny was seriously hurt and is gone. Invader has finished of the Bull and vengeance has been carried out.

The Invaders v. Ron/Chicky Starr - 5/25/88

Originally this was scheduled as a 6 man tag betwen Carlos Colon and Invaders 1 & 2 (apparently the severity of the attack on Invader 3 was such that it brought back Invader 2 to WWC) vs. Manny Fernandez and the Starr Cousins. The video starts off with Chicky grabbing the microphone and accusing the faces of playing dumb, because they well know that Manny Fernandez was no longer in WWC after what happened the previous week. From there we go to footage of the video linked before this section. After the video, Chicky demands that Invader 1 stop acting dumb and admit that there won't be a 6 man tonight. They are willing to take on any two of Colon and Invaders 1 & 2. After talking it over, it's the Invaders that will handle the match.

The match is a heated brawl highlighted by Invader 1 yanking his mask off when the Starr's were twisting it to impair his vision. Ron Starr brings a chair in the ring and they proceed to attack the Invaders. Carlos tries to make the save but he also gets beaten down. The Starr Cousins end up leaving the faces bloodied and hurt. Colon and the Invaders are carried off for treatment and the announcers talk that it appears that Invader 2 was the one that was hurt the worst. The video ends with Invader 2 being strechered out.

So to recap, Invader 3 is taken out by Manny with Chicky taking credit for masterminding the attack. In return, Carlos and Invader 1 take out Manny in retaliation. Then, the Starr Cousins take out Invader 2 and leave Carlos and Invader 1 bloodied.

Interviews with the Starr Cousins, Invader 1 and Carlos Colon

Before getting to the interviews, if you look at the 0:38 mark, there's a quick clip (Brody fighting a handcuffed Abdullah) of what is the first La Gran Guerra match. The one that is readily available is actually the second one (hence the description of La Revancha -The Rematch-). The faces won that one and the heel team proceeded to swap out Kareem Muhammad for the Iron Sheik for the next night's rematch. Hence, Iron Sheik's strong showing as he was being positioned as Carlos Colon's next big challenger.

Anyway, the video starts with a visit by El Ejercito de la Justicia to the still ailing Invader 3. We have both Castillos (Sr. and Jr.), Miguelito Perez, the Youngbloods and Invader 1. The masked person looks female, so I assume it's probably Invader 3's wife.

Inv1: The most important thing is, with God always ahead and as long as you keep that faith in God, you're going to get up from that bed. And even if you never wrestle again, the important thing is for you to get up from that bed. That's what you've got to keep in mind and not anything to do about wrestling.

Inv3 (at 1:32 mark): That's true, you know I'm always asking God, Im very Catholic, always asking God and the Virgin that I can recover from this soon. Even if it ends up with me not being able to wrestle again, that it turns out all right.

Inv1: Exactly and remember that you can count us. Whatever you need, any time of day, you can count on any of us.

Inv3: Thank you all. And I also want to thank all of the great fans that have worried so much about me. I'm very happy for all of the well wishes and that I have you guys (points at Invader 1 and Miguelito to signal that he means El Ejercito).

This part ends with all of them uniting hands in a show of solidarity. At the 2:15 mark Hugo interviews the Starr Cousins.

HS: With us Ron and Chicky Starr. You've already seen what has happened on this program. We are all at the expectation of what's been happening in Puerto Rico. Chicky Starr, Rambo Ron Starr, we saw earlier on the Chicky Starr Sport Shop, how can one person cause so much damage and then laugh and make fun of all this, when two people have already been seriously hurt. I don't know how you can do that Chicky Starr, but tell us what's going to happen tonight when you two face off in the main event against Carlos Colon and Invader 1.

CS (at 2:41 mark): Exactly, we have become the number one team in PR, Rambo Ron Starr and Chicky Starr. And I want to say something important, I take full responsibility for what happened to Invader 3 and Invader 2. I want to make that very clear. Whoever doesn't like it, tough, but I have something important to say. We are going to finish the great head of El Ejercito de la Justicia, Carlos Colon and Invader 1, the leaders as they call themselves. Tonight in Caguas, you can be sure that we are going to finish you off, especially you Invader 1. We already finished off 3 and 2, we're only misisng #1 and also you Carlos Colon, since you're the leader of your organization. El Ejercito de la Justicia every day sinks further down and every day mine grows. I'm sorry Invader 1 and Carlos Colon, but we are going for one thing tonight and that is to finish you off once and for all.

Ron Starr offers his comments at the 3:32 mark. At the 4:58 mark we go to the next segment:

HS: This past week in Carolina, at an important moment of the tag match of Carlos Colon and Invader 1, Rambo Ron Starr mde a surprise appearance and he almost caused Invader 1 to lose his life. He lowered the rope and I have the video of it so you can see the damage Ron Starr did to Carlos and Invader 1. Let's go to the tape and then we'll talk to Carlos and Invader.

At 5:20 the incident is shown. Starr pulls down the top rope causing Invader to fall out in what Hugo described as an almost fatal tumble. Starr assaults both Invader and Carlos with a cowboy boot.

HS (at 5:41 mark): You just saw that savage attack by Ron Starr. Tonight in Caguas, Carlos Colon and Invader 1 meet Ron and Chicky Starr.

CC (at 5:48 mark): Truthfully Hugo, this scoundrel Chicky Starr has gotten away with it. He's injured two members of El Ejercito de la Justicia, Invader 2 and Invader 3. And he has sworn and promised that he's going to finish with El Ejercito de la Justicia. But Chicky Starr, let me tell you something, for you to accomplish that you have to go over the dead bodies of Invader 1 and me! I don't think you're man enough for that, so tonight I want to invite you, implore you to come to fight. Because tonight, we're not going to wrestle, tonight the rule book goes in the trash. Tonight we're going to avenge two brothers who've been hurt and who we do not know if they are going to wrestle again! But I guarantee you Chicky Starr, tonight we're going to see your blood, because you are a dog, a coward and a traitor! That thing you did last week, having Ron Starr in hiding when he wasn't scheduled and to come out of hiding to do what he did, I tell you... Hugo I'm so angry that I don't even know how to express myself right now because all I want to do is tear this scoundrel up. I just want that moment to get here.

Inv1 (at 6:41 mark): That's what we are going to do! Because they have to pay the way Manny Fernandez did! And in the same way I ended Manny Fernandez, we're going to finish Chicky Starr and Ron Starr because Savinovich (takes of jacket), I do not like abuses! Let me tell you Savinovich, what they did to Invader 3, who's lying stricken in a bed, without knowing if he's going to wrestle again, all I want is for all of Puerto Rico (tears shirt open) to be there tonight! To be there tonight! Because the way I'm feeling and the way Carlos Colon is feeling (starts slapping his chest), I swear by my mother who is what I love most, that Chicky Starr and Ron Starr are going to pay for this dearly!!

HS: Friends, let's continue with the program.

As an aside, you've got to see Carlos's face when Invader gets fired up while talking.

Ejercito de la Justicia vs. Sports Club Feud Recap

Eliud Gonzalez is our host for this segment of Noti Lucha. In this segment we get a recap of what's been happening in the feud between the Starrs and El Ejercito de la Justicia.

EG: The feud between the Sports Club and El Ejercito de la Justicia has been explosive and we have a lot of information and videos about this explosive situation.

At the 0:30 mark, we recap the initial Invader 3 injury at the hands of Manny Fernandez.

At 1:03 we recap Manny Fernandez being taken out.

At 2:05 we recap the attack by the Starr Cousins on Carlos and Invaders 1 and 2.

At 3:28 we see highlights of the tag match in Caguas that was being hyped in the previous interview link. The Starrs manage to take the win in that match.

At 3:55 we go to this past Wednesday where the situation has gotten more intense. The Starrs were wrestling World tag champs the Youngbloods and seemingly cheated to win the titles. However, Invader 1 came out and explained to the ref what happened. The referee overturns the decision and the Youngbloods remain the champs. The Starrs then throw quite the tantrum in the ring.

At 5:14 we have the latest occurance, which is the end of a Invader 1 vs. Hercules Ayala match. The match in full can be seen here:

Invader I vs Hercules Ayala - June 1988

Anyway, Chicky tries to interfere only for Invader to escape. Ron Starr ambushes Invader from behind and tosses him back in. Ron Starr puts on a glove with chain wrapped around it and attempts to hit Invader with it. Before he can do that, the cavalry arrives and chases Hercules and the Starrs off.

At 6:57 we are taken to a special interview at the home of Invader 3 in Mayaguez. Hugo is there along with Dutch Mantell.

HS: We are at the home of Invader 3, Dutch Mantell is here with us. Invader 3, your comments please about this feud between El Ejercito de la Justicia and the Sports Club, about what happened to Manny Fernandez, what are your thoughts?

Inv3: Hugo, I am very happy about what Invader 1 did to Manny Fernandez, but let me tell you, the one guilty of all this is Chicky Starr. And I hope that tonight Dutch Mantell gives him what he deserves, that he ends him if possible.

HS: Invader 3, your wife was telling me about the pain you have been experiencing, tell me how is that situation going?

Inv3: Well Hugo, I'm still feel pained, I'm taking pills, resting, waiting and asking God to heal me soon.

HS: Well keep taking care of yourself my brother, because you're one of the good ones.

At 7:34 Hugo starts speaking English and Dutch speaks.

At 8:50 the Starr cousins respond:

CS: Exactly, Mr. Eliud Gonzalez, the feud is great. The blood has flown and everyone has seen what has happened. But now I want Ron Starr to tell everyone what will happen tonight in Caguas.

Ron Starr provides his comments and Chicky translates. At 9:45 Chicky also directs some comments at Dutch:

CS: Someone else who'll be easy prey is you Dutch Mantell, who apparently is all that's left for EL Ejercito de la Justicia. Invader 3 and 2 are already out of the race, their blood has been spilled, nobody knows what will happen to them and nobody cares. But tonight Dutch Mantell, you can be sure that I will finish with you because we have had a score to settle for a quite a while. Tonight in Caguas is the place and I will finish with you.

At 10:13 Invader 1 comments about tonight:

Inv1: I'm very prepared, all that's left is for the bell to ring because I know Ron Starr wants the TV title. I cant't allow for one moment for Ron Starr to become TV champion, becasue I can't allow Ron Starr to represent all of the tv viewers.

At 10:36 we run down thw top 10 rankings and then have a rundown of the night's card:

TV Title: Invader 1 defends against Ron Starr

Chicky Starr vs. Dutch Mantell

Caribbean Title with Seconds banned from ringside (Hurcan Castillo Sr. and Chicky Starr): TNT challenges Hercules Ayala.

Caribbean Tag Titles with 60 minute time limit: The Youngbloods defend against the Kansas City Jayhawks

Miguelito Perez and Huracan Castillo Jr. vs. Super Black Ninja (Muta) and El Profe

and other matches.

Clip of Invader 1 vs Ron Starr - Death Match - June/July 1988

This is from Caguas with Invader defending the TV title. Chicky interferes and Ron Starr puts on the glove with the chain around it. He nails Invader 1 with it and wins the TV title. Afterwards, Chicky and Ron attack Invader and wrap him up in barbed wire.

Interviews: Ron Starr + Invader about a Barbed Wire Match

Before getting to the interviews, if you look at 0:20-0:40, we get clips of a Gran Guerra match that took place around December of 89, followed by Leo Burke defeating Carlos Colon the next day for the Universal title (the story being that Carlos injured his knee during La Gran Guerra and wrestled against doctor's orders the next day).

Tonight we have a potentially bloody and violent encounter at the Coliseo Roberto Clemente as Ron Starr wil face Invader 1 in a barbed wire match. The ending of the Death Match is shown including the post match attack.

The announcer, Hector Moyano, talks about the fact that the worse thing to happen to Invader was not losing the match, but the barbed wire attack and the moment when his comrades tried to help him by unwrapping the barbed wire from him. Moyano holds up an example of the barbed wire and talks again about the potential bloodiness of the match. We then go to Invader 1's comments:

HS: With us is Invader 1, tonight he risks his life when he faces Ron Starr with this dangerous barbed wire surrounding the ring, no will be able to escape. My question Invader 1, we saw how this man left you last week in Caguas, aren't you afraid that this individual, who's practically crazy, finishes with your life. (Invader grabs the barbed wire). Careful there.

Inv1: You know Savinovich, I do not know fear. To me, this (the barbed wire) is for animals. But why did Ron Starr do what he did last week. The scars I have on my back, he almost took out an eye, Savinovich. What saved me was that El Ejercito de la Justicia arrived in time. If they had not come I would not be here right now. But Ron Starr now has to fight me in a ring surrounded by barbed wire. Let's see Rambo Starr what you can do. Maybe you've never fought in a match like this. This is the msot dangerous match in wrestling. I don't like them (the barbed wire), but whoever does something to me pays. Me, I'm not afraid of the barbed wire, (starts rubbing the barbed wire over himself) I don't fear them.

HS: Don't! Don't!

Inv1: Look, I rub them over me! I don't care, I'm not afraid of them! I don't care what happens to me, the only thing I care about is, Rambo Ron Starr, what you did to me last week you did not have to do to me! So Ron Starr, let's see who is who! And Ron Starr, if you are watching me, if you're seeing this, get it in your head that I'm not afraid of the barbed wire! So tonight we'll see if it's me or if it's you! And one more thing, remember that you can't run anywhere Ron Starr! If you find yourself all bloodied, this barbed wire won't let you get away!

HS: Friends, the Invader is already bleeding. The match hasn't even started and already he's bleeding.

This is the last we will see of Invader 1 in this feud. He'll leave the company shortly due to the well known incident that happened that summer.

Chicky Starr Sport Shop 8-6-88

This is a live Sport Shop segment from Hiram Bithorn Stadium. Chciky Starr's guest is Super Medico #1, who hasn't been in WWC for a couple of years.

CS (at 1:35): So Super Medico, you can sit in that chair so I can conduct your interview. Here he comes. (Camera shows a yellow car) Well, Super Medico is not showing up and I have to go. I'm a very busy man and have a lot of commitments to keep. So let's see.

(The yellow car pulls up with Super Medico exiting).

CS: It looks like here comes Super Medico. There is Super Medico, he's getting closer now. About time he showed up, I've been waiting here too long. So Super Medico, come in, you may take a seat. If you'll be so kind to sit there, so the fans can see you after such a long time of not being here, since you left Puerto Rico with your tail between your legs. We don't know what's happened with him until tonight. So, let's see what the piece of garbage Super Medico has to say to the fans.

SM (at 2:43): I think, I think that it's about time (stands up) that you Chicky Starr pay for all of your wrongdoings.

Super Medico produces an axhandle from his pants.

CS: Hey hey hey!

Super Medico proceeds to lay into Chicky with the axhandle and, well watch the video.

Not SM: That's what you are, you are trash! You owed me and had to pay!

Invader 3 walks off and leaves in the yellow car. Ron Starr and the Kansas City Jayhawks come to Chicky's aid. The first aid physician checks Chicky and treats the head woumd.

Warning, the rest of the video may be too graphic for some.

Invader III v. Chicky Starr - 1988

We have arrived to Aniversario 88. This is Invader 3's return since being put on the shelf by Manny Fernandez. He is carrying the axhandle with him. Chicky is looking for payback after the assault on the Sports Shop. Notice that even when he was on the shelf, Invader 3 still remained the Junior heavyweight champion (hence the title belt Invader 3 is wearing).

Chicky Starr v. Invader 3 - Axhandle On A Pole 1988

Following the natural progression, the next match is the axhandle on a pole.

Invader III v. Chicky Starr - Scaffold Match 10/88

And here the feud is capped off in a Scaffold match.

EDIT: New evidence indicates that the scaffold match took place during the first half of 1986. This match should be first chronologically.

Invader 3 v. Manny Fernandez - 1989

As a bonus, watch the grudge match between Invader 3 and Manny Fernandez from Aniversario 89. Some fans speculate that the booking may have been changed on the fly, maybe due to Manny getting angry about the busted lip.

I hope this is helpful and that you guys enjoy the feud.