Pro Wrestling Only

Shoots Review and Preview thread

BruiserBrody

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Vader the most universally reviled guy in shoots?

Nah. Warrior, Johnny Ace.

The guy I've never heard anything against was Bobby Eaton. Even Steamboat has a few guys who aren't big fans like Honky. But Eaton, I'm scratching my head and can't find one reference of a guy speaking badly about him.

The guy I've never heard anything against was Bobby Eaton. Even Steamboat has a few guys who aren't big fans like Honky. But Eaton, I'm scratching my head and can't find one reference of a guy speaking badly about him.

Johnny ace is pretty bad, and it's really varied how bad he is. Warrior, on the other hand, most people say that he was quiet and just kept to himself.

Does Honky really like anyone? Everything I've seen him do is bitch, bitch, bitch.

I avoid HTM shoots now because I just think he's a total scumbag.

I'm not into shoots for that whole "hear him SHOOT on X" gimmick. That's a pathetic scene and HTM epitomises it.

The best shoots by far I've seen or heard have been the ones with Bill Watts.

Does Honky really like anyone? Everything I've seen him do is bitch, bitch, bitch.

I'm not into shoots for that whole "hear him SHOOT on X" gimmick. That's a pathetic scene and HTM epitomises it.

You'd probably like Jim Brunzell's shoot.

Guest Andrews

Goldberg got into wrestling late in life. When he was at UGA he was legendary for his off-field antics and would've fit in perfectly in the wrestling business

Like what, I've never heard any stores. I can imagine him being a bit of an animal though.

Guest Nell Santucci

Also as a side issue, was Luger ever involved with trying to get a union or insurance guarantee together? I can't remember if it was him, Ventura or both at different points, but I believe it's one of the reasons he always had heat with Vince.

Luger's heat seems to stem from his 1995 jump to WCW and not giving Vince a notice. On that front, Vince would consider that to be betrayal. Madussa was never brought back either. Rick Rude died, so it's unlikely we will ever know whether there was permanent heat for his 1997 jump.

Johnny ace is pretty bad, and it's really varied how bad he is. Warrior, on the other hand, most people say that he was quiet and just kept to himself.

Buzz Sawyer. Only person I ever heard of who liked him was Bobby Fulton, and I think they grew up together.

I've frequently heard people run down Warrior, such as Dibiase, Snake and Bret Hart (in his book, at least, don't recall if he said anything about him in his shoots.) Only person I've heard say he was a good guy was Warlord, who frankly just seemed like a good ole boy who liked everyone.

You'd probably like Jim Brunzell's shoot.

Ironically that was my first review this week:

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/shoo...ed-jim-brunzel/

Jim Brunzell shoots on the Gagne's, Why Vince hated him from day one and more!

What I meant is that I found Brunzell's stories and tone genuine, as you noted somewhat in your final analysis of the shoot. His stories didn't feel like he was "burying" anyone, IMO, these seem to be real recollections of the events in his mind and there isn't an "over-the-top" feel to the presentation.

"Buried", in my mind, conjures up images of those guys that go on and on with "so-and-so was a cocksucker and I hate him and he was an asshole....etc.". Hawk in the Road Warriors shoot way back when is the best example I can think of, going off on Vince McMahon every chance he got during the course of the proceedings.

Feinstein blows as an interviewer, of course, but we're all used to it by now.

Who is the best shoot interviewer would you say?

Sean Olivier does a lot of the KC ones and I think he's solid and inoffensive but he's not someone who is going to press a point -- so if Barry Windham wants to be evasive, he'll give him an easy ride.

Many of the other interviewers are downright horrible. You know, the ones who are just gagging to say from the very start "and THEN you got to the WWF ..."

Guest Andrews

Also as a side issue, was Luger ever involved with trying to get a union or insurance guarantee together? I can't remember if it was him, Ventura or both at different points, but I believe it's one of the reasons he always had heat with Vince.

Luger's heat seems to stem from his 1995 jump to WCW and not giving Vince a notice. On that front, Vince would consider that to be betrayal. Madussa was never brought back either. Rick Rude died, so it's unlikely we will ever know whether there was permanent heat for his 1997 jump.

Nobody has permanent heat. If there is money to be made - they will try and make it. If they thought a "Best of Madusa" DVD would sell, believe me she would be back.

Rick Rude is an interesting one. Considering he left out of loyalty to a fellow wrestler, I can't see them holding it against him. Bulldog left and he came back around the time of Rude's death in 1999. He gets favourable mentions on DVD's and whatnot and he has figures of him and he's in games and whatnot. If he was alive, I think he'd be making the odd appearance.