Pro Wrestling Only

Shoots Review and Preview thread

BruiserBrody

Guest Andrews

I thought them getting Davey Boy back was an attempt to get more Hart family members on Vince's side after Owen's death.

Do you have a point?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy who did the Seargent Slaughter shoot was awful, pretty much skipped over a lot of sarges career and just seemed to hit on one angle per territory that Sarge worked. Why these guys even try is beyond me. If you're going to do something like this then do you're homework and be prepared. The one question that I get a kick out of on RF shoots is the "So how was the locker room?"

The guy who did the Seargent Slaughter shoot was awful, pretty much skipped over a lot of sarges career and just seemed to hit on one angle per territory that Sarge worked. Why these guys even try is beyond me. If you're going to do something like this then do you're homework and be prepared. The one question that I get a kick out of on RF shoots is the "So how was the locker room?"

It's pretty annoying in cases where the guy is now dead and that was the one shot anyone had at an interview. Imagine if all shoot interviews ever had been conducted by a panel of 3-4 people from PWO. Imagine if khawk had interviewed Slaughter.

Wrestlers are all so relentlessly full of shit, every shoot is like watching this over and over again:

Lie Detector

Decent for entertainment value, but I never go into one expecting to get any real information, and generally forgive the interviewer for not correcting/following up/asking decent questions since the answers are generally going to be 100% bullshit anyway.

I was thinking about the Poffo Breaking Kayfabe today. Do people believe his story about Savage not wanting in the HOF unless the whole family goes? I do, for sure, as everything anyone has said about Savage seems to indicate he was fiercely loyal and held a grudge forever. Just curious what other people thought.

He must have really saved as well as everyone says.

I believe him too. Randy just seemed to worship his dad which isn't hard to do as his dad sounded like a badass. I just know how cynical wrestling fans are and how quick they are to call guys carnies and only out for themselves so I was curious if anyone made that argument in this case.

If it's what he wanted, and WWE wants to put him in, they should just bring Lanny and Angelo in. The Genius was a great character and Lanny was a good worker and good on the stick as well. I don't know a whole lot about Angelo's career, but you'd think Vince would admire him for what he did with ICW in relation to what Vince eventually did nation-wide.

Always heard that Lanny being on a perm contract was another of his conditions for signing with WCW. Criminal they didn't do more with him. Just a handful of appearances in 4 years.

Was it Loss who told me about his plan to do a version of the Gorgeous George character? Either way, I believe the stories, tallies with everything I've heard.

From Leilani Kai shoot interview, which was quite interesting :

Moolah was a piece of crap. Not exactly a newsbreak, but damn that woman was an asshole.

Sherri and Luna were great human beings.

Cool story about training for 5 weeks before her big match with Chigusa Nagayo, whom she calls "Chico" during the interview !

Hates Vince Russo and totally goes off on him in a hilarious way like she was possessed by Jim Cornette.

Moolah was a piece of crap (although she never says it that bluntly, but that's why you get out of hearing all those stories about manipulating young girls, taking their money and making sure they don't make it big).