Pro Wrestling Only

Shoots Review and Preview thread

BruiserBrody

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this has been posted has anyone seen the Breasking Kayfabe shoots from KC? they are great I loved Lanny Poffo's WHY? because it is the closest that the world will now come to a shoot with the Macho Man.

Savage being so upset when the whole Von Erich family got inducted, that he insisted that the only way he'll go in would be with his father and brother as the Poffo familiy.

How Angelo never got a spot in a legends battle royal at a house show, why Savage left in '94.

"Spoiler"

Savage hated his announcing gig.

Savage wanted to do a two year program with Shawn Michaels

Nobody from the WWE, except for the Fink, sent any condolences to him or his mother over the loss of his father.

A pretty detailed account of things, from when the wrestling world was told savage was no longer with us.

Story of strongbow hating Lannys poem/Genus gimmick.

I don't know if this has been posted has anyone seen the Breasking Kayfabe shoots from KC? they are great I loved Lanny Poffo's WHY? because it is the closest that the world will now come to a shoot with the Macho Man.

Savage being so upset when the whole Von Erich family got inducted, that he insisted that the only way he'll go in would be with his father and brother as the Poffo familiy.

How Angelo never got a spot in a legends battle royal at a house show, why Savage left in '94.

"Spoiler"

Savage hated his announcing gig.

Savage wanted to do a two year program with Shawn Michaels

Nobody from the WWE, except for the Fink, sent any condolences to him or his mother over the loss of his father.

A pretty detailed account of things, from when the wrestling world was told savage was no longer with us.

Story of strongbow hating Lannys poem/Genus gimmick.

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/shoo...o/#.UbNMkpxv9Zk

It's very good. Waltman is a consistently good guest.

I hope so, I just bought it. I enjoyed his YouShoot very much. He was around during my favourite wrestling eras and is candid enough to reveal lots, but I was worried that he's start to be repeating a lot of his stuff and telling all too similar stories to other shoots.

I just watched the DDP Youshoot. It was ok, not sure what I was expecting from a Page shoot. Nothing great in it and because it was filmed longer ago than I realised there's not even any good Jake stories. It seemed to be very, very early in that and Hall hadn't come along yet at all. No way for the company to know it but KC would've been so much better to do this shoot about 6 months later in that regards.

He does talk about wifeswapping but it was never as if he was gonna say "YEP THAT'S TRUE!"

Guest Staples

I watched the Steven Richards RF shoot recently. He seems to be pretty well adjusted and positive throughout the interview. Doesn't really bury anyone, but Justin Credible for showing up out of shape and intoxicated at one of those ECW reunion shows and Johnny Grunge for being a douche. He has a few funny stories about Taz. One involves Taz constantly being a jackass to him leading Stevie to create a video game version of Taz to beat on to vent his frustrations. Taz finds out and goes off on Stevie daring to make his digital counterpart so weak.

Oh, and Stevie accidentally admits to downloading an audio version of RF's shoot with Jesse Ventura.

http://culturecrossfire.com/wrestling/kayf...e/#.UcBkFZxv9Zk

A brief history of Smoky Mountain Wrestling, then part one of Cornette booking the WCW/WWF Invasion angle!!

I'm hoping KC and Corny patch things up soon. WCW Timeline 1989 and/or 1990 *NEEDS* to be with Cornette, just for all the potential Herd stories. Plus, he's talked considerably about booking SMW in the backseat of cars while on the road with WCW, so I'd love to see a potential interview with that topic, sort of like Gabe taking us through his ROH booking plans before he got fired.

Everyone needs to get in the habit of asking Corny about stuff he actually likes. When he's just geeking out about old wrestling or theories of booking/ring psychology or whatever, it's like he's a completely different guy. Press him on people who he feels destroyed the livelihood of him and his friends, and, well...

I'm hoping KC and Corny patch things up soon.

What happened?

"Cornette has had a falling out with __________" is something you can pretty much set your watch to. :lol:

I don't remember the exact details now, because it's been so long. But, the gist of it is that KC shot a few vignettes with Russo to hype the YouShoot Live iPPV, and one of them featured Russo hinting that people might hear from Cornette during the event. Corny flipped out and wrote a blog to say that he wouldn't be there, and blasted KC for making people think he would be there, and for working with Russo in general.

Sean Oliver issued his own statement making it clear that KC NEVER tried to advertise him, and knew he'd never step foot in the building because of how much he hates Russo. He also called him out for challenging Russo to a fight at the Ring Roast Event for Jim (where Sean had no intention of booking Russo to appear).

I'm hoping KC and Corny patch things up soon.

What happened?

"Cornette has had a falling out with __________" is something you can pretty much set your watch to. :lol:

Cornette hated the fact KC worked with Russo on two shoot interviews, the amazingly awful live youshoot with a bunch of Russo marks (yes, there is such a thing still) in the audience, and a Guest Booker (Rebuilding the Invasion, which shockingly has a better first basis than Cornette's, but ended up showing why Russo doesn't understand shit about wrestling). I think Corny had a really good relationship with KC and he take it bad that they would work with his nemesis and the guy that embodies everything that has destroyed the wrestling as he loved it. I can understand the feeling.

Also, apparently Timeline: History of WCW 1996 with Kevin Sullivan is out June 25th. Robert Fuller is doing a Guest Booker out July 11th, though I don't know what it's covering.

Tennessee Lee is doing Shawn Michaels joining the nWo. I don't know if it's a redux of when he joined in the WWE in '02, or if he jumped to WCW and joined during the heyday.