Pro Wrestling Only

The Steve Austin Show

Guest Andrews

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listened to the Jim Ross ones and the one with Terry Funk.

I really enjoyed both, but especially the Funk one. I've heard quite a lot of Funk shoots, but he always strikes me as one of the the most intelligent wrestlers. His stuff on promos near the end captured exactly what is lacking from so many promos these days.

My favourite thing about Funk is his stubborn refusal to shit on the present-day business. You don't get any of the bitterness or tired ranting about the same 4 or 5 things that you get with someone like Corny. Very rare example of an old-timer with a genuinely progressive, pragmatic and realistic attitude. He has a refreshing lack of idealism while not being at all cynical.

The Jim Ross stuff was good too, especially on Bill Watts. I was pretty surprised to hear about Ross's collegiate sporting background but it makes sense I guess. His old man probably belongs in jail, total psychopath.

The story JR told about not being dirty enough his home with me because when I used to play rugby I'd be out on the wing and would finish a came totally spotless. The games teachers hated this, they thought I was a ponce, so one time they instructed all of the other boys to drag me through the mud at the start of the lesson. I dug my heels in to try to stop the mud going on my legs and it resulted in a "pile-on". Messed my hair up too.

If I'd have had JR's dad growing up I reckon I'd have been legit dead by 18.

If you want to describe the Steve Austin show in one simple phrase, I would use "scrubber on a stick" :lol:

Oh wait now he is talking about tampons. It can't get any better after this

It just did.

Steve Austin just posted this on twitter:

Steve Austin ‏@steveaustinBSR

Currently doing research on Mani/Pedi #2 for #steveaustinshow. Coming soon. #sacrifice

Posted Image

Yea it was real interesting hearing them talk about Steamer. You could really tell they both respect him a lot in the ring. I really would love to see Austin have Steamboat on as a guest. It was also pretty funny to hear Austin pimp you tube links to matches.

• 3 weeks later...

He's also gonna start reviewing WWE and TNA shows. Well, he thinking about doing it and asked fans their opinions. I think it's a given everyone wants to know his stance about the current product so it's a matter of time before he does it.

And I fucking died laughing at his last interview with....Stone Cold :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

That was fantastic. Scott Hall sounds better than he has since ... pretty much ever. It was interesting to hear him talk about his early days. Part twos don't often materialize on podcasts, so I hope that Hall coming back to discuss the rest of his career comes through.

• 3 weeks later...