Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-08-18-WWF-Raw] Interview: Nation of Domination

Loss

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am laughing that Johnson and Faarooq battled for a year before Ahmed joins the Nation. Ahmed gets injured a week later and now Faarooq boots him out of the Nation. Rocky sucks chants from crowd before Rock even talks. Good first effort but memory tells me he’s much stronger on the mic by the end of the year.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Faarooq lays into Ahmed Johnson: "underneath all that black skin is a white man dyin' to get out ... you couldn't be white if they sandblasted yo' ass twenty times." Wow. Comments for Crush and Savio follow. Rocky's getting good heat already. "Die Rocky Die--that's the gratitude I get from you pieces of crap for my blood, my sweat, and my tears?" Rocky isn't there quite yet as he meanders a bit, but he's showing more potential than he has at any other point in the WWF. DOA show up on the TitanTron and challenge the Nation to fight them backstage. The bikes (as opposed to the wrestlers riding them) were actually over with live crowds, and *maybe* this feud could have had legs if anyone in the DOA could have worked a lick.

• 1 year later...

Faarooq cuts a really good promo on Ahmed Johnson explaining why he kicked him out of the group. The Rock explains why he joined the faction saying the WWF fans never respected him for being the good guy so now he's joined The Nation & will do what he wants by any means necessary. The signs of a great promo are there in Rocky, but he's far from there as of yet. DOA interrupt & challenge them to a parking lot brawl essentially. Good segment.

• GSR changed the title to [1997-08-18-WWF-Raw] Interview: Nation of Domination