Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-08-18-WWF-Raw] Interview: Steve Austin

Loss

• 1 month later...

Vince narrates a video recapping the Austin injury from Summerslam to lead into Jim Ross interviewing Steve Austin. Austin does an awesome sit down interview and hilariously, he had to know he'd be bleeped and he takes advantage of that for dramatic effect. It really is a cool and inspiring story that makes me respect Austin even more than I already did when watching all of this again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

We get a before-and-after montage of Atlantic City--I shudder to think what a 1997-to-now transition would look like.

Then a recap of Austin's neck injury--the tombstone was brutal and really should have ended Austin's career, though his neck was already fucked up going into the match. Austin hasn't mellowed with the injury, as he eviscerates JR and the hotel room he's been put up in. He says that despite doctor's advice to do something else with his life, Austin states that he doesn't do anything else. Austin is hilarious here despite the gravity of the situation, taking time out of his tirade to tell JR not to "wipe his nose, it's pissin' me off."

• 1 year later...

Great Austin interview with Vince going over his injury in a video & JR interviewing him in his hotel room. Austin is hilarious here cursing & burying the hotel room he's staying in. I love him getting annoyed with JR during the interview. Austin seems legit pissed at Owen. I can understand being pretty upset about that spot. He says somehow, someway he's going to kick Owen's ass. This was great stuff.

• GSR changed the title to [1997-08-18-WWF-Raw] Interview: Steve Austin