Pro Wrestling Only

Rebooking Bret Harts' first title run

slabinski611

I will first admit that I am stealing this idea from the WM8 thread. The 2nd thing I will admit is I don't think there was anything the wwf could do to draw business once the fans were tiring of Hogan. What I do know is I hated the year of yokozuna and the lex express. So what I am going to do is rebook the ppvs starting with the 93 rumble through WM10. I will include brief paragraphs explaining why wrestlers are feuding. To be continued.

OK, so we have Bret win the title from Flair as he did since nobody was going to buy Bret as champ initially regardless of when he was given the belt and more importantly, I like having the Bret/Shawn match at Survivor Series. I will also keep Survivor Series 92 intact because I don't want to break up the Flair/Razor vs Savage/Hennig match. That leads us to Royal Rumble 93.

1993 ROYAL RUMBLE

1. Steiners over Beverly Brothers

I see nothing wrong with giving the Steiners a showcase match on ppv but lets make it more of a squash to get them over stronger.

Match time: 5 minutes

2. Yokozuna over Hacksaw Duggan

This gets Yoko out of the rumble match and gets him an easy feud to go over strong in.

Match time: 4 minutes

3. Tag Title: Money Inc over Nasty Boys

While there were teams in the wwf, the talent was weak. The days of the Harts/Rockers/Buldogs were gone. Still, this could have been a decent match. It gets some better talent in the rumble match and gets another title defended.

Match time: 12 minutes

4. World Title: Bret Hart over Ric Flair

You can make the case that there was more sense in having Ramon in this spot but I would have liked to see a proper ppv match with these two. Flair submits to the sharpshooter.

Match time: 35 minutes

5. Royal Rumble

1. Shawn Michaels

2. Bob Backlund

3. Papa Shango

4. Marty Janetty

5. Doink the Clown (Shango eliminated by Backlund)

6. Big Bossman

7. Jerry Lawler

8. Max Moon

9. Berzerker (Janetty eliminated by Michaels)

10. MR. Perfect

11. Skinner

12. Bushwhacker Butch (Berzerker eliminated by Bossman)

13. Headshrinker Fatu (Max Moon eliminated by Doink)

14. Bushwhacker Luke (eliminated 30 seconds later by Michaels)

15. Undertaker (Skinner/Doink eliminated by Taker,Butch eliminated by Lawler)

16. Terry Taylor (Bossman eliminated by Taker, Lawler/Perfect eliminate each other)

17. Crush (Michaels eliminated by Taker,Fatu elimated by taker, Taker eliminated by Yokozuna via interference)

18. Bam Bam Bigelow

19. Tatanka

20. Nails

21. Earthquake (Taylor eliminated by Crush, Crush eliminated by Earthquake)

22. Samu

23. Typhone

24. Razor Ramon

25. Randy Savage

26. Rick Martel (Typhone eliminated by Earthquake,Nails eliminated by Backlund)

27. Kamala

28. Owen Hart (Samu eliminated by Santana,Earthquake eliminated by everyone)

29. Repo Man

30. Tito Santana

I put Yokozuna in the Giant Gonzalas role because I see him as a lesser evil in this situation. Fuji is seeking revenge for Undertaker squashing Berzerker who Fuji manager at the time. That leaves us with 10 guys remaining in the rumble match

Wrestlers remaining include:

1. Savage

2. Backlund

3. Bigelow

4. Ramon

5. Kamala

6. Martel

7. Santana

8. Owen

9. Repo

10. Tatanka

Repo is eliminated by Savage. Kamala is eliminated by Bigelow. Tatanka is eliminated by Ramon. Owen is eliminated by Ramon. Santana is eliminated by Martel. Martel is eliminated by backlund.

Final Four: Savage,Backlund,Ramon,Bigelow

Ramon is eliminated by Savage. Backlund is eliminated by Bigelow. Bigelow is eliminated by Savage. To be continued with the lineup and storylines for WMIX.

WMIX

1. IC Title: Shawn Michaels over Marty Jannetty in 17 minutes

A restart of their feud from the barbershop incident from 92.

2. Doink over Crush in 8 minutes

Pretty much how it happened. Matt Bourne was awesome as Doink.

3. Tatanka/Nasty Boys over Headshrinkers/Bam Bam Bigelow in 12 minutes

Nastys last feud before leaving wwf.

4. Narcissist Lex Luger over Bob Backlund in 4 minutes.

Squash match to showcase Luger. I felt the narcissist gimmick really fit Luger more than the lex express.

5. Mr Perfect over Razor Ramon in 13 minutes.

After defeating Flair in a loser leaves town match on raw, Perfect shifted from a feud with Flair to a feud with Ramon. Ramon had been feuding with Savage who moved on after winning the rumble.

6. Tag Titles: Steiners over Money Inc in 16 minutes.

After squashing teams every week since their debut, Steiners defeat Money Inc in a non title match on raw to earn a title shot. Steiners become new tag champs.

7. Undertaker vs Yokozuna NO CONTEST in 13 minutes

A continuation from Yokozuna interfering at the rumble. Match ends in double dq.

8. World title: Bret Hart over Randy Savage in 30 minutes

Leading into mania, both men gave sitdown interviews. Bret talked about leading a new generation of wrestlers into the future while Savage talked about it being his last stand and how it may be his last chance at winning the title.

Post match sees Savage snap and attack Hart until Hulk Hogan makes a surprise return and makes the save.

I completely blanked on the streak. I haven't watched wwe on a consistent basis in years but I don't get the whole wm streak thing. I mean if you are booked against inferior oponents in many of those matches then it is easier to be undefeated. It's also a yearly thing which I don't think is a big deal when compared to something like the Goldberg streak. Maybe it's just me.

As far as booking new stars, I was really only trying to focus on making Bret a stronger world champion with the idea that they can at least have him as a centerpiece. Bret ended up with a 6 month reign, 8 month reign, and a 4 month reign until losing to Shawn in the ironman. Even during his secong reign, he played backseat at kotr94 to Lawler/Piper and the tourney. Then his feud with Owen was secondary to the two Undertaker match. Definately seemed more like transitional champ than top guy to me.

I will post KOTR 93 w/ qualifying results later.

No contest isn't ending the streak. He was still never defeated. WWE writes history. They would have no problem eventually calling it a win since it wasn't really a loss.

I suppose you are right. The only acknowledged Gonzales was actually a DQ win this year during some kind of web segment on youtube.

Undertaker was also carried out at IX, which is something H claimed to do for the first time at XXVII, but that might belong in the H/douche thread, which I assume might be busy today.

I love fantasy booking, this seems like a great one so far.

KOTR qualifying matches play out on raw/superstars. The results were:

Tatanka over Papa Shango

Bam Bam Bigelow over Typhoon

Narcissist Lex Luger over Jim Duggan

Owen Hart over Rick Martel

Doink the Clown over Tito Santana

Mr Perfect over Mr Hughes

Crush over Terry Taylor

Razor Ramon over Bob Backlund

Also, I think it's best to leave the 5/93 raw intact and I will stretch things and say Janetty is fired right after wm with the match not even mentioned on tv. He shows up on raw and wins the IC belt as happened. Same with the Kid/Razor angle since that was a highlight from 93.

Card for KOTR looks like this:

Quarterfinals:

Tatanka vs Bigelow

Luger vs Owen

Doink vs Perfect

Crush vs Razor

World title:

Bret vs Savage Rematch

6 Man Tag:

Shawn/Money Inc vs Steiners/Janetty

Also, Hulk Hogan vs Jerry Lawler

This is a short term feud stemming from Lawler trash talking about how Hogan thinks he can come back and be king of the wwf again but the real king of wrestling has arrived.

KOTR:

Quarterfinals:

1. Tatanka over Bam Bam Bigelow in 10 minutes

2. Narcissist Lex Luger over Owen Hart in 6 minutes

3. Mr Perfect over Doink the Clown in 10 minutes

4. Razor Ramon over Crush in 8 minutes

5. World title match: Bret Hart over Randy Savage in 20 minutes (post match sees a handshake and Savage wrap the belt around Harts waist.)

Semifinals

6. Narcissist Lex Luger over Tatanka in 9 minutes

7. Mr Perfect over Razor Ramon in 13 minutes

8. Steiners/Marty Janetty over Money Inc/Shawn Michaels in 14 minutes when Scott pins IRS.

9. Finals: Narcissist Lex Luger over Mr. Perfect in 13 minutes. (Luger is first KOTR. Title shot at a date to be determined)

10. Hulk Hogan over Jerry Lawler in 14 minutes (post match sees Bret Hart watch from the aisle way.)

Before I give the Summerslam card, I thought I would provide a mid year report on what I have changed and why. Some thing I liked about 1993 wwf were the start of Raw every week which was fresh and original in the beginning. Razor Ramons face turn and the angle with The Kid. The Savage/Crush and Shawn/Marty feuds. Brets' kotr performance and his feud with Lawler.

What I didn't like about 1993 was the Yokozuna title reign, Hogans' entire involvement, the Lex Express, Tatankas' undefeated streak, Ludwig Borga, Giant Gonzolas/UT feud.

To this point I have kept the belt on Bret by having him go over established talent in some longer matches. I have kept Luger a heel because I thought the Narcissist gimmick fit him well and I thought he was a better heel overall unless he was facing Flair. I stuck UT/Yoko together so they both have something to do. I changed kotr to Luger winning the tourney for the sake of keeping the belt on Bret. I realize the kotr tourney was fine as it was but I have different plans for Summerslam. I will post the Summerslam results tonight.

Summerslam 93

1. Razor Ramon/123 Kid over Rick Martel/Adam Bomb in 15 minutes. (Razor turned face as happened)

2. Narcissist Lex Luger over Owen Hart in 6 minutes. (After winning kotr, Luger attacks Brets brother on an episode of raw to get the champs attention. A match is then signed between Luger and Owen)

3. Quebeckers over Men on a Mission in 7 minutes. (showcase match for Quebeckers who were being groomed as the top heel team)

4. IC Title: Shawn Michaels over Mr Perfect in 20 minutes. (hopefully better match with more time. Michaels wins w/ interference from new bodyguard Deisel.)

5. Tatanks/Smoking Gunns over Headshrinkers/Bam Bam Bigelow in 12 minutes

6. Jerry Lawler over Jim Duggan in 5 minutes. (After losing to Hogan, Lawler gets revenge by going over one of Hulks friends. Duggans last wwf appearence.)

7. TAG Titles: Steiners over Money Inc in 17 minutes

8. Undertaker over Yokozuna in a no dq match in 12 minutes

9. WORLD Title: Bret Hart over Hulk Hogan in 20 minutes

Hogans' last wwf match before going to wcw. Post match sees Bret celebrate with Owen,Hennig,Steiners.

WWF happenings Sept-Nov 1993:

The Quebeckers become the new tag champs by defeating the Steiners on raw in september.

Shawn Michaels is suspended and stripped of the IC title. There is a battle royal with the last two remaining having a singles match. Razor Ramon went over Rick Martel to become the new IC champion.

Randy Savage took a hiatus from the ring in june and joined the announcing team on raw. He began mentoring Crush until Crush turned on him leading to Savage returning to the ring and starting a feud.

Narcissist Lex Luger recieved a title shot for winning kotr in june but came up empty. After the match, Luger took off his elbowpad and knocked Bret Hart out with his loaded forearm, suggesting that there will be another match in the future. (Luger had a steel plate in his arm, which was part of his initial gimmick).

Bret Hart decides to take on more of a mento role with his younger brother Owen. Bret says he would rather have his family be his partners than anyone else at survivor series.

Survivor Series results next time.

Survivor Series 93

1. Razor Ramon,Marty Jannetty,123 Kid, Mr Perfect vs Rick Martel,Adam Bomb, IRS,Ted Dibiase

Ramon over Dibiase in 8 minutes (Dibiases' last wwf match.) (I know summerslam was his last but I'm stretching things.ditto Perfect)

Bomb over Perfect in 13 minutes

Irs over Jannetty in 17 minutes

Ramon over IRS in 22 minutes

Kid over martel in 28 minutes

Kid over Adam Bomb in 31 minutes.

Survivors: Razor Ramon/123 Kid in 31 minutes

2. Smoking Gunns/Bushwhackers vs Heavenly Bodies/Well Dunn

Luke over Steven Dunn in 2 minutes

Bart Gunn over Timothy Well in 4 minutes

Tom Prichard over Butch in 7 minutes

Delray over Luke in 9 minutes

Prichard over Billy Gunn in 14 minutes

Delray over Bart Gunn in 16 minutes

Survivors: Heavenly Bodies in 16 minutes

3. Randy Savage,Bob Backlund,Steiners vs Crush,Johnny Polo,Quebeckers

Crush over Backlund in 4 minutes

Scott Steiner over Polo in 6 minutes

Savage/Crush go to a double countout at 13 minutes when they brawl up the aisle.

Pierre over Rick in 20 minutes

Pierre over Scott in 23 minutes

Survivors: Quebeckers in 23 minutes

4. Undertaker,Tatanka,Men on a Mission vs Yokozuna,Bam Bam Bigelow,Headshrinkers

Mable over samu in 5 minutes

Taker over Fatu in 8 minutes

Tatanka over Bigelow in 12 minutes

Undertaker over Yokozuna in 18 minutes with the flying clothesline after several splashes from Mable.

Survivors: Undertaker/Tatanka/MOM

5. Bret,Owen,Bruce,Keith Hart vs Narcissist Lex Luger,Shawn Michaels,Deisel,Doink the Clown (Doink subs for Lawler, Michaels return from suspension but I will just say he was advertised as returning)

Bruce over Doink at 10 minutes

Deisel is dq'd at 16 minutes for pushing the ref

Michaels over Owen at 21 minutes (Owen complains after the pinfall)

Bret over Michaels in 28 minutes

Bret over Luger in 32 minutes

Survivors: Bret,Bruce,Keith Hart

Post match sees Owen come to the ring to join the Hart family but chooses to argue with them instead about his elimination earlier in the match.

Next will be the Royal Rumble lineup. Then it is only the Rumble ppv and WM10. I don't know how this compares to what really happened but it is an alternative look I wanted to try.

Royal Rumble 94

1. World tag titles: Quebeckers over Hart Brothers in 17 due to ref stoppage.

After Survivor Series Bret/Owen appear to resolve their differences. In good faith, Bret agrees to team up with Owen to challenge the Quebeckers for the tag belts. This meand double duty for Bret, who has also agreed to defend the title against Lex Luger at the rumble.

The Quebeckers were also involved in a feud at this time. They dropped the belts to Kid/Jannetty before regaining them on raw.

During the match at the rumble, Bret injures his leg and the ref stops the match due to Bret being unable to continue. This causes Owen to snap and attack Bret post match thus turning heel. This is made all the more important due to Bret having a title defense later in the night.

2. IC Title: Razor Ramon over Rick Martel in 13 minutes (late return match from Razor winning the belt the previous year)

3. Heavenly Bodies over the Bushwhackers in 7 minutes (showcase match for the bodies who were being pushed.)

4. World Title: Narcissist Lex Luger over Bret Hart in 6 minutes.

With Bret basically on one leg, it didn't take much for Luger to win the title. Owen is seen post match jumping for joy in his brothers defeat.

5. ROYAL RUMBLE

1. Scott Steiner

2. Samu

3. Rick Steiner

4. Kwang (Samu eliminated by Scott)

5. Timothy Well

6. Bart Gunn (Rick Steiner eliminated by Bart)

7. Deisel (Timothy Well,Kwang both eliminated by Deisel

8. Bob Backlund (Scott Steiner,Bart Gunn,Backlund all eliminated by Deisel)

9. Steven Dunn (eliminated within 60 seconds)

10. Virgil (eliminated within 30 seconds)

11. Randy Savage

12. Jeff Jarrett

13. Crush

14. Billy Gunn

15. Bam Bam Bigelow

16. Mable

17. Sparky Plug (Savage/Crush double elimination by Deisel)

18. Shawn Michaels (Deisel eliminated by Michaels)

19. Moe

20. Doink the Clown

21. Tatanka

22. IRS (Billy Gunn eliminated by Bigelow)

23. Undertaker (Jarrett,IRS eliminated by UT, Moe eliminated by Doink)

24. Yokozuna (Tatanka,Sparky Plug eliminated by Yoko,Doink eliminated by UT)

25. Bastian Booger (eliminated immediately by Yokozuna)

26. Johnny Polo

27. 123 Kid

28. Fatu

29. Marty Jannetty

30. Adam Bomb

Remaining participants:

Undertaker

123 Kid

Mable

Marty Janetty

Adam Bomb

Yokozuna

Shawn Michaels

Bam Bam Bigelow

Johnny Polo

Fatu

Polo eliminated by Kid

Bigelow eliminated by Mable

Mable eliminated by Yoko/UT

Fatu eliminated by Jannetty

Bomb eliminated by UT'

Jannetty eliminated by Michaels

Michaels eliminated by UT/Yoko

Kid elimnated by Yoko

Yokozuna eliminated by Undertaker

Winner: Undertaker in 1:06

• 3 weeks later...

That's right. I never finished this. All I have left is the lead in to wm10 and the wm10 results. I am going to watch the football game later so I will post tomorrow. I am not good with rebooking an entire company's storylines but I wouldd trying another booking scenerio. I will lay out some scenerios and I will let everyone else decide.

After winning the Royal Rumble, it is announced the next night on raw that the Undertaker will face new champion Lex Luger for the title at WM10. However, it is also announced that on the following weeks episode of raw the the Undertaker will face Yokozuna in a casket match to finish the on again off again feud that the two have been in since the previous year. We are also told that Bret Hart will be on raw the next week to answer his brothers challenge for a match.

The next week on raw sees Bret Hart accept his brother Owen's challenge for a match at wrestlemania and also reminds Lex Luger that he has not seen the last of the Hitman. That same night Yokozuna defeats The Undertaker in a casket match which sees several members of the heel roster assist in the victory. After the match, we see them take the casket through the building and push it off what appears to be a loading dock. The show ends with a shot of the casket flipped over upside down and we are led to believe that the Undertaker is trapped inside.

RAW week3

On this weeks episode we get a recap of the casket match. We see how officials got the casket open after raw went off the air but there was nobody inside. Lex Luger is out for an interview talking about how the Undertaker is out of action and he has no challenger for Wrestlemania. This leads to Bret Hart coming out for a rebuttle and challenging Luger to defend the belt against him. Vince Mcmahan informs Bret that he already agreed to a match with Owen but Bret says he has no problem wrestling two times. Luger agrees to the match and we have our Wrestlemania main event.

WM10 results later.

WRESTLEMANIA X

1. Owen Hart over Bret Hart in 20 minutes

2. Men on a Mission over Headshrinkers in 5 minutes

3. Randy Savage over Crush in 12 minutes

4. Heavenly Bodies over Smoking Gunns in 12 minutes

5. Tatanka over Bam Bam Bigelow in 10 minutes

6. TAG TITLES: Quebecers over Kid/Jannetty in 20 minutes

7. Yokozuna over Earthquake in 6 minutes

(Earthquake made a surprise return on raw challenging Yokozuna, who was in the middle of bragging about ridding the wwf of the Undertaker.)

8. IC TITLE: Ladder match: Razor Ramon over Shawn Michaels in 19 minutes

9. WORLD TITLE: Bret Hart over Lex Luger in 16 minutes.

Bret regains the belt with the sharpshooter. Post match sees the members of the locker room celebrate with Bret in the ring while Owen is seen watching from the entrance way.

ok. That is it for my fantasy booking on that topic. Not sure what I want to do next but it will take me a little while to think something up.

• 10 months later...

Why did WWF do the whole Lex Express, without giving him the title? It seemed like a lot of time wasted, for nothing in the end. Even if it was just a transition title run. Also, the whole Royal rumble 94 co-winners, is really weak. Could they not have Lex win the rumble, wrestle Yoko, and win. Bret fights owen and loses, then wins at the title at summerslam, or the next night on raw?

They always planned to make Luger champion. But houses were good around the time of Summerslam, so Vince wanted to save it for a time when he thought they could use it to jolt things back up. By the time they would have done it, it was clear Bret was the guy.