Pro Wrestling Only

Saving WCW

Loss

I've always wanted to give this a try, so might as well use this thread for that. I want to start with the Nitro the night after Spring Stampede '99 for a few reasons:

- I think the heel/face positioning is overall pretty decent around this time, with a couple of glaring exceptions

- I think I might be able to convince some of the midcarders not to jump to the WWF

- It's the closest to a full roster WCW really was in the down years (Only missing Scott Hall and Lex Luger in terms of the top guys. Hogan was out for a few months with a knee injury)

- I can avoid the absolutely horrid summer of main events in this promotion

Nitro

Thunder

Saturday Night

Worldwide

House shows

Monthly pay-per-views

I'll try to work within some of the political limitations of WCW at the time, and I'll try to stick to the roster they had. While I am not going to phase Jericho, Benoit and Eddy out when they jumped, I will not suddenly sign Austin and the Rock either. If a wrestler is brought into the promotion who didn't jump from the WWF, I'll use them. So Sid, sure. Jeff Jarrett, no.

First show: Monday Nitro 04/12/99

Last show: Starrcade 2000

I'll start soon.

• 1 year later...