Pro Wrestling Only

The Jim Cornette Experience

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cornette with guests could be awesome.

edit.

also Episode 2 is out. http://mlwradio.libsyn.com/-the-jim-cornette-experience-2

"Also discussed on this week's podcast: The 2013 Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame, chilling with the Black Crowes, the Junkyard Dog, Fandango, comedy in wrestling, different types of pops and... Jim drops a shocking CONFESSION!"

• 5 weeks later...

Absolutely it would. Cornette is playing in the Leicester Square Theatre right in the heart of Soho. It's the difference between booking a place in Times Square or, I dunno, somewhere in Atlanta (pick your own "city from elsewhere in the country" here). That's not to say Cardiff itself isn't expensive compared to other towns in Wales though.

That said, I've been to comedy gigs at that same venue several times, which were priced more like £15 / £20. I didn't go, but I even think Mick Foley did one of his standup shows there and it was more in that £20 ballpark. It's one of the more "low rent" spots in the area. More used for gigs than plays. £50 is definitely at the expensive end. That's top West End theatre ticket prices. As a point of comparison, I'm seeing Richard II starring David Tennant at the Barbican in January and tickets were £55 each.

I am still tempted to go to the London one for convenience though. I do hope Corny hasn't priced himself out of a full house in the capital with this.

Absolutely it would. Cornette is playing in the Leicester Square Theatre right in the heart of Soho. It's the difference between booking a place in Times Square or, I dunno, somewhere in Atlanta (pick your own "city from elsewhere in the country" here). That's not to say Cardiff itself isn't expensive compared to other towns in Wales though.

That said, I've been to comedy gigs at that same venue several times, which were priced more like £15 / £20. I didn't go, but I even think Mick Foley did one of his standup shows there and it was more in that £20 ballpark. It's one of the more "low rent" spots in the area. More used for gigs than plays. £50 is definitely at the expensive end. That's top West End theatre ticket prices. As a point of comparison, I'm seeing Richard II starring David Tennant at the Barbican in January and tickets were £55 each.

I am still tempted to go to the London one for convenience though. I do hope Corny hasn't priced himself out of a full house in the capital with this.

Alex Shane is behind this.

The venue in London is where the Jim Ross one was held. VIP were £35 + booking fee.

It's mental that Cornette would be more than Ross by such a margin.

Typical Alex Shane.

• 2 weeks later...

Man that atheist shit at the end of the newest episode is a real turn off. His show is half awesome old school wrestling and half preachy, political, agenda driven bs. Such a love/hate show for me. Oh and that chick does not sound hot at all and she tries so hard to

Yea that whole essay but Alice Radley I think her name is, was just cringe worthy. I'm not the most religious person in the world but I do believe in god and he just comes off as he shits on anyone who does. Then on top of it they want to act as if they're more intelligent because they don't believe. Like I said I'm not overly religious but that and the political crap is just too much. The sad part is that he is one of my favorite story tellers ever about wrestling so ill just have to hope the bs dies down

Cornette to me is a lot like Jim Ross. I love listening to their interviews once or twice a year, maybe three times, but that is about it.

Also, while I can listen to Steve Austin or Konnan talking about pretty much anything, I don't really want to hear Cornette talking about anything else other than wrestling. He doesn't seem to be that interesting of a person once you take wrestling out of the equation.

Cornette to me is a lot like Jim Ross. I love listening to their interviews once or twice a year, maybe three times, but that is about it.

Also, while I can listen to Steve Austin or Konnan talking about pretty much anything, I don't really want to hear Cornette talking about anything else other than wrestling. He doesn't seem to be that interesting of a person once you take wrestling out of the equation.

Completely agree. Austin & especially Konnan are always a breeze to listen to, but unless he's on topic and not concerned with cracking himself up, Cornette can get pretty grating.

I enjoy Cornette's political rants quite a bit. Of course, sharing the same non-beliefs and progressive views as he does probably makes things easier on my ears, but still, always enjoyed hearing him talk about non-wrestling stuff too.

I am pretty close to most of his views on politics and religion so that's not my problem. After you have heard the rant twice my brain just turns itself off while he's ranting and I'm listening to the podcast but not really paying attention.

Completely agree. Austin & especially Konnan are always a breeze to listen to, but unless he's on topic and not concerned with cracking himself up, Cornette can get pretty grating.

Austin is an anomaly, though. I can listen to him all day talking about riding his RV and farting for hours after eating his wife's homemade burritos. He's got incredible comedic timing.

I have only listened to Jericho's first two episodes so I wonder how he's going to hold up after a few episodes.

Jose, have you listened to Austin on Jericho's show yet? Austin simply explains so many things about his philosophy on wrestling where Jericho seems a little dumbfounded at times by how much sense he makes. You hear the difference between a guy successful in wrestling at a fairly high level and a guy who was successful at a level very few in history have ever been.