Pro Wrestling Only

The Jim Cornette Experience

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was interesting a few weeks back when Corny admitted he really didn't watch mid to late 80's WWF (while saying that he taped and watched anything else he could get, even while working full time with JCP). Looking through old Observers, I can see that Meltzer wasn't singing the praises of much under his Titan section, but I would have thought Corny would find something worthwhile in the tag division and all the workers he rated highly pre-WWF.

Or maybe his aversion to everything happening with WWF was too strong to look for anything worthwhile there-in?

Either way, found it fascinating.

Yeah, wrestling fans can be so blinded / anal in their bias. I refuse to believe there isn't the slightest bit of something for everyone in everything. If JC were to write the top things he loves about wrestling, he'll find them in the late 80's WWF. He speaks highly of Heenan, for one.

This week's show is extremely missable. No Alice but we have Bolin as co-host and I think this show proves that will not work. Bolin's whole act here is to just be obnoxious, overbearing & argumentative. I realize that's his usual gimmick but they really have no content to work with this week. And it appears there's an issue with the audio levels as by the end you can barely hear them but the show closing music sounds fine. It could just be my computer's audio levels but I couldn't figure out how to turn it up any further.

• 3 weeks later...

I need to highlight how great this week's show with Paul Orndroff is.

He beat throat cancer so he seems to have a given him a welcome sunnier disposition. The cancer has left him very hoarse sounding but has removed that dumb jock sound to his voice too. So it is like a different person talking.

Felt bad even posting that to be honest but it is true.

Kevin Sullivan was excellent on Cornette's show. Must listen. Sounding like an easy review so I will bury Jim Ross's recent uber lazy recent efforts as counter balance.

i really wish they bring Sullivan in to WWE as the Chairman of the Board of the Wyatt Family

You should pay Johnny Sorrow a dollar for stealing his premise.

More like I should go into rehab for thinking along the same lines the old cad.

i really wish they bring Sullivan in to WWE as the Chairman of the Board of the Wyatt Family

You should pay Johnny Sorrow a dollar for stealing his premise.
More like I should go into rehab for thinking along the same lines the old cad.

Ouch and the day after his Birthday!!!

I'm curious. What singles matches would you guys recommend as Keirn's standout performances? Which ones would you recommend as being representative of his best singles stuff? Which ones, in your eyes, would indicate that he'd be a prime candidate for the Backlund spot?

Not saying he wasn't considered. Not saying he wouldn't have worked. Not even trying to be confrontational or disagree, quite frankly. Just interested to see what people suggest.