Pro Wrestling Only

WELCOME TO RAW IS...Oh, sorry habit, TALK IS JERRRIIICHO!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new one with Drew McIntyre is fantastic. Jericho had a really great connection with Drew and they have a killer interview that sounds very natural. Drew comes off as the coolest motherfucker. I think it's his best one yet.

Drew seems to be the same person I used to see on Indy shows on of which was featured on WWE.com this:

http://www.wwe.com/inside/matches-that-changed-their-lives/page-12

One of the most sincere wrestlers you could meet and ginormous Wrestling fan. Really hope WWE hires him back in a year or becomes a big star elsewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

Listening to the Christian interview, Jericho remarks that sure he had great matches with Randy Orton, but you pulled out great matches with guys like Mark Henry and Regal. WTF?

What he was getting at is that Regal and Henry are guys with very different styles and skills, and Christian is so good he can have good matches with anyone.

Listening to the Christian interview, Jericho remarks that sure he had great matches with Randy Orton, but you pulled out great matches with guys like Mark Henry and Regal. WTF?

What he was getting at is that Regal and Henry are guys with very different styles and skills, and Christian is so good he can have good matches with anyone.

Fair enough, my rage of hearing Regal and Henry's names as guys you had to pull good matches out of might had blinded me.

What's the consensus (if there is one) on when Henry started having good matches? Just asking...

He started being pretty solid in 2004, but I think 2006 is when he got really actively good. The Rey series, that battle royal for the title. That run.

Henry started putting the pieces together on how to REALLY, effectively work as a big man in '04, like Grimmas said. But the run was cut short. By the time he came back and got the monster push versus Batista, he picked up where he left off & broke through a bit.

Good matches with Rey, Angle, Benoit, and even Paul Burchill that year. The buildup for the feud with Batista felt like modernized Mid-South treatment of two bulls set on a collision course.

In just recent years, he's had a stellar series with Show, Sheamus, Orton, etc. There's MITB with Cena. There's the two-match deal on RAW with Punk for the title. Probably a lot more I'm forgetting, too.

So yeah. Think it's safe to say he's no longer I guy to classify under the "crowbar" category, by any means.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The HHH and Batista shows were very good and sounded more like two friends chatting about one's career than an actual interview. That's exactly why I prefer Austin to Jericho as an interviewer, as the conversations have the same comradery feeling but Austin tends to do a lot more research beforehand. Both are very good at it, though, and it's good to have both interview styles available.

Funny when HHH at some point mentioned something about "my girlfriend at the time". Either it's still a very sensitive subject with Stephanie or he's really ashamed of his Chyna days.

• 1 month later...