Photo

WELCOME TO RAW IS...Oh, sorry habit, TALK IS JERRRIIICHO!

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#21 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4765 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:43 PM

Cesaro is his guest on the newest show and it's fantastic. Just a fun conversation with some cool stories and Cesaro seems like the coolest guy and seems to really have a good head on his shoulders about how to succeed.

#22 Bird Crusher

Bird Crusher

Chickenshit Heel

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:08 PM

Santino was today's guest and it was surprisingly good. Santino tells the entire history of his character without dropping kayfabe and it's much funnier than you would expect. It's kind of refreshing for somebody to stay in character all the time. I'm not a Santino fan, but if they let him act like this on TV I could get behind him.

I haven't listened to the two pods this week, but the Santino interview was great.  Jericho tried to get him to break a couple of times, and Marella almost did, but he held it together throughout the entire thing.  I was laughing the whole time, even more than usual for a Jericho pod.

#23 flyonthewall2983

flyonthewall2983
  • Members
  • 2850 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:58 PM

Zakk Wylde is an Ultimate Warrior fan. Didn't know that, but not surprised.

#24 flyonthewall2983

flyonthewall2983
  • Members
  • 2850 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:58 PM

DDP posted pictures of Chris interviewing him and Jake Roberts for the show.

#25 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4765 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:01 PM

The latest is part one with Bully Ray and it's fucking awesome. The talk about the TLC match from that Vegas RAW is fucking incredible, especially Jericho talking about how he yelled at Vince to go into the locker room and thank all the guys in the match, and how hurt they were, especially Bubba who had a crazy serious concussion. And then how pissed they were about how that show ended with the start of Katie Vick, cause all anyone would remember was that shit and not what they did.

#26 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4765 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:35 AM

The new one with AJ Styles is pretty good. Hearing AJ vent on all the stupid shit TNA has done was fun.

#27 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4765 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:57 AM

The new one with Drew McIntyre is fantastic. Jericho had a really great connection with Drew and they have a killer interview that sounds very natural. Drew comes off as the coolest motherfucker. I think it's his best one yet. 

#28 rovert

rovert
  • Banned
  • 2903 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:21 PM

The new one with Drew McIntyre is fantastic. Jericho had a really great connection with Drew and they have a killer interview that sounds very natural. Drew comes off as the coolest motherfucker. I think it's his best one yet. 

Drew seems to be the same person I used to see on Indy shows on of which was featured on WWE.com this:

http://www.wwe.com/i...r-lives/page-12

One of the most sincere wrestlers you could meet and ginormous Wrestling fan. Really hope WWE hires him back in a year or becomes a big star elsewhere.

#29 BigBadMick

BigBadMick
  • Members
  • 1474 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:43 AM

Thought the two parter with Heyman and Edge was very good (and it was a good idea to have Edge as co-host, meant he could add insight to Smackdown 6 discussion and a few other topics).

Heyman could talk his way into anything, what a hustler!

#30 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 8293 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:21 PM

Listening to the Christian interview, Jericho remarks that sure he had great matches with Randy Orton, but you pulled out great matches with guys like Mark Henry and Regal. WTF?

#31 Loss

Loss
  • Admins
  • 44066 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:09 PM

Well, within the WWE style, Mark Henry and Regal aren't known for their 30-minute MOTYC epics. Neither is Orton really, but that's the rep he has.

#32 Matt D

Matt D

4:40

• Members
  • 11233 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:12 PM

Also, remember the time Jericho got pissed at the internet for not going nuts over a match he had with RVD of all people?

#33 Johnny Sorrow

Johnny Sorrow
  • Members
  • 4765 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:13 PM

Listening to the Christian interview, Jericho remarks that sure he had great matches with Randy Orton, but you pulled out great matches with guys like Mark Henry and Regal. WTF?

What he was getting at is that Regal and Henry are guys with very different styles and skills, and Christian is so good he can have good matches with anyone.

#34 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 8293 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:44 PM

What he was getting at is that Regal and Henry are guys with very different styles and skills, and Christian is so good he can have good matches with anyone.

Fair enough, my rage of hearing Regal and Henry's names as guys you had to pull good matches out of might had blinded me.

#35 BigBadMick

BigBadMick
  • Members
  • 1474 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:16 AM

What's the consensus (if there is one) on when Henry started having good matches? Just asking...

#36 Grimmas

Grimmas

a Wrestling Feminist

• Members
  • 8293 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:03 AM

What's the consensus (if there is one) on when Henry started having good matches? Just asking...

He started being pretty solid in 2004, but I think 2006 is when he got really actively good. The Rey series, that battle royal for the title. That run.

#37 SomethingSavage

SomethingSavage
  • Members
  • 1203 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:16 AM

Henry started putting the pieces together on how to REALLY, effectively work as a big man in '04, like Grimmas said. But the run was cut short. By the time he came back and got the monster push versus Batista, he picked up where he left off & broke through a bit.

Good matches with Rey, Angle, Benoit, and even Paul Burchill that year. The buildup for the feud with Batista felt like modernized Mid-South treatment of two bulls set on a collision course.

In just recent years, he's had a stellar series with Show, Sheamus, Orton, etc. There's MITB with Cena. There's the two-match deal on RAW with Punk for the title. Probably a lot more I'm forgetting, too.

So yeah. Think it's safe to say he's no longer I guy to classify under the "crowbar" category, by any means.

#38 The Chief

The Chief
  • Members
  • 1660 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:57 AM

Everyone go listen to today's Zack Ryder episode. Fuck man, it's so hard to not feel for the guy. They get into his burial in as politically correct a way as possible. I'd love to see them do something with him. The dude loves wrestling and it shows.

#39 The Chief

The Chief
  • Members
  • 1660 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:00 AM

Great show today with the Rhodes Brothers. Jericho can be good when he's just shooting the shit with the boys. So many great road stories, I loved this.

The Hollywood Backlot Brawl stories are soooo good

#40 jpchicago23

jpchicago23
  • Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:01 PM

I really likes the Rhodes brothers interview. It was fun to hear both guys shoot the shit on Dusty and you get Goldusts stories with Codys point of view as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users