Pro Wrestling Only

WELCOME TO RAW IS...Oh, sorry habit, TALK IS JERRRIIICHO!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there was a slight bit of Hulk being Hulk, but overall, he seemed way more truthful than usual. I love that they only talked about his career pre-1984 because I wouldn't have predicted that route. Listening to this makes me want the WWE Network to do a multi-part series walking through his career.

I think there was a slight bit of Hulk being Hulk, but overall, he seemed way more truthful than usual. I love that they only talked about his career pre-1984 because I wouldn't have predicted that route. Listening to this makes me want the WWE Network to do a multi-part series walking through his career.

I thought exactly the same as you did in here. They really need to start doing sitdown features with guys like Hulk, Bruno or Flair that they have got under contract.

Also holy shit when he couldn't remember who the Twin Towers were and at one point he thought Earthquake was one of them. I sometimes wonder about the percentages of Hulk's bullshit being just pure bullshit vs. his brain being completely screwed up.

More likely that that time of his life is kind of a blur, which makes sense since he was so hot at the time and working pretty non-stop. I liked hearing his Florida stories, especially his time as a musician. I didn't know he studied music in college, and to hear him throw out Stanley Clarke as an influence came out of nowhere.

• 1 month later...

Jericho's twin girls were on the show open today, he brought them on a weekend house show loop. The girls noticed that they had the same matches on back to back nights and the same guys won both times. Their theory was that the guys who were winning and the guys who were losing were both using the same strategies from the previous night, so the participants shouldn't have been surprised that the results weren't different since they didn't change their game. That's friggin awesome :)

And Pat Patterson is the guest. Check this out!

Pat Patterson is easily one of my favourite people in wrestling period.

Same. I haven't had a chance to listen yet. I hope his rumored memoirs are still on the way. One of the most interesting careers ever, not to mention his alleged mind for the business, would make it a must read.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I found the Corgan interview fascinating. Not because of Jericho, who I increasingly find to be a bland and generally lifeless interviewer. Corgan though is fascinating. I've heard lots of shit about him and I'm not sure if he can make it in TNA, but damn does he seem to have a real mind for the business. Smart, articulate, and willing to think in new ways that remain very pro wrestling in their approach. Corgan impressed the heck out of me in that interview.

• 1 month later...

Great Khali is today's guest. Thought it was a Jericho joke when that came up, but no, he's really the guest. No translator. And it's a really fun show! Of course he's a little tough to understand but it's not impossible, after five minutes or so you just get used to it. Khali comes across as a really good dude. Check this out!

Great Khali is today's guest. Thought it was a Jericho joke when that came up, but no, he's really the guest. No translator. And it's a really fun show! Of course he's a little tough to understand but it's not impossible, after five minutes or so you just get used to it. Khali comes across as a really good dude. Check this out!

Hmmm, then I wonder why his interpreter (and brother right?) did the Khali segment on the Big Men DVD instead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Excellent interview with Robbie Brookside on this week's episode. If you have even the vaguest of interest in the British scene around the late 70s through the 80s this is a must listen. Plenty of funny stories and they spend a bit of time talking about when they met and worked in Germany, New Japan, WCW and on to NXT. Hopefully he will get Brookside back for a second part is out felt like they were only just scratching the surface here.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...