Pro Wrestling Only

[2010-03-27-Dragon Gate USA-Mercury Rising] BxB Hulk, Masato Yoshino & Naruki Doi vs Gamma, CIMA & Dragon Kid

Loss

• GSR changed the title to [2010-03-27-Dragon Gate USA-Mercury Rising] BxB Hulk, Masato Yoshino & Naruki Doi vs Gamma, CIMA & Dragon Kid
  • 9 months later...

Maybe not as good as the top six mans from DG but not too far off. BxB Hulk had a bad botch but everything else was worked nicely and the weak links like Gamma mainly stayed out of the way or were the glue to spots. Dragon Kid in particular looked amazing. ****1/4 (8.4)

• 3 months later...

Classic BxB Hulk entrance~! Hulk just radiates stardom. Some beautifully fluid exchanges between BxB Hulk and CIMA early on. WORLD-1 do a superb job of establishing control early on with Speed Muscle, being the best tag team in Dragon Gate history, along with BxB Hulk’s coolness on offence staying ahead of WARRIORS with some good tag work. The switches of control were solid, helping the match along, allowing the commentum flow. The triple team work by WARRIORS was also good - that triple drop kick was insane in both theory and execution. And GAMMA hitting BxB’s little Hulks with a kendo kick was brutal. Great heel work that establishing the difference between the teams. Loved it coming back to haunt him with a great little comedy spot that didn’t detract at all. Dragon Kid really stood out in the match. Loved the interactions with all of WORLD-1, the Yoshino hurricanrana/powerbomb sequence especially. The FIP section Dragon Kid had was a great mix of tag wrestling and great selling. One thing Dragon Gate matches excel at and do better than anyone is the chaotic finishing stretches where everyone comes in and goes nuts. It’s both chaotic but worked perfectly. Seamless action - it’s incredible. The finish with BxB Hulk protecting Yoshino who has the Sol Nociente locked on GAMMA as well. It was just incredible wrestling. Great tag team action, great individual sequences, great performances all round. ****3/4

• 4 years later...

This was pretty good but it definitely felt like a level below their very best stuff. It felt slower and looser than the top notch DG 6 man matches or tags. I think we could have settled for Yoshino and Doi vs CIMA and Dragon Kid. Perhaps I have seen too much of this lately and you'll like it more than me.  I mean if you're interested I would definitely recommend checking it out. It wasn't my cup of tea but it was many other people's.