Pro Wrestling Only

[2011-01-29-PWG-Kurt Russellreunion 2: The Reunioning] Kevin Steen vs Chris Hero

Loss

• 1 month later...

Previously at PWO:

Kevin Steen vs Chris Hero (PWG 01/29/11)

This is the first time I've seen Hero since his Barry Windham makeover. It's a good look for him. This match didn't really stand out much for me. Some great strikes from both guys. Not a fan of the crowd brawling. Hero's comeback was good and he times the "smack" sound effects on his spots really well, but I don't like the flippy floppy stuff from him. It looks too contrived. Too many kickouts in this one too. I will say that it's interesting how basic indy wrestling has become compared to where it was a few years before this. (I say that not having seen any ROH or DGUSA yet.) But this is definitely worked as an actual heavyweight match. Even though I don't think the match was all that good, I do appreciate that.

• 9 months later...

There were things I liked about this, particularly the finish, where it seemed like Hero and Steen were trying to outsmart each other. Steen baits Hero into trying the elbow, and does his neckbreaker. Hero acts like he's going to do another elbow but does a big boot instead. But, it, didn't do much for me overall.

• GSR changed the title to [2011-01-29-PWG-Kurt Russellreunion 2: The Reunioning] Kevin Steen vs Chris Hero