Pro Wrestling Only

[2013-01-12-PWG-DDT4] Sami Callihan vs Drake Younger

Loss

• 2 weeks later...

I hated this match. Instead of the focus being on hatred and intensity, it was on doing the Death Valley Driver off of high things or on to chairs. Way too stunty for my tastes. I also thought it was ridiculous that they did those huge spots, yet a series of punches to the face was the finish. It was like the worst of ECW.

Callihan likes doing powerbombs as he hits three of them in the first couple minutes. Drake turns the momentum with a Michinoku Driver on the ring apron. Death Valley Driver off the stage on to the floor. Drake beats the count and looks totally fine after. Oh my. Showing no ill effects at all. I hate this crowd. Unprotected chair shots to the head. Yikes. Was laughing at the use of the Traffic cone. These guys are killing each other but lets throw in some comedy. I am getting angry at the use of chair shots to Drake’s head and he is no selling them. This match was garbage.

• 4 weeks later...

I was both excited about, and dreading this match. The KO/Submission only rules meant that things that might normally be a throwaway spot would be given some more meaning. On the other hand, this could also be everything I hate about the indies. The powerbomb into the post gave me some hope, but then this turned into a huge stunt show, and the who le idea of selling was foresaken.

• GSR changed the title to [2013-01-12-PWG-DDT4] Sami Callihan vs Drake Younger