Pro Wrestling Only

[2013-03-22-PWG-All Star Weekend] Sami Callihan vs Drake Younger

Loss

• 3 weeks later...

I actually liked this better than their Jan. match, though I'm struggling to articulate why. I guess it was because the demented stuff here -- Sami stapling dollar bills to Younger's cheeks and Younger stumbling around with a bunch of thumb tacks in his head -- was so demented that it felt like a goof on the very idea of these matches. It was basically a death match, and even if that isn't my favorite type of wrestling, I see a place for it.

• GSR changed the title to [2013-03-22-PWG-All Star Weekend] Sami Callihan vs Drake Younger
  • 9 months later...

Gross match with Drake getting sliced on a trash can on the back of his head and you can see his skull. That doesn’t stop him from taking nutty bumps on the head including a splash mountain to the outside on some chairs and a backdrop driver onto tacks. Sami looks psychotic and the heel/face structure really raises this beyond just a great plunder match. A thinking mans death match that also has brutality and shock factor. ****1/2 (9)