Pro Wrestling Only

[2007-02-18-ZERO-ONE] Yoshihiro Takayama & Kohei Sato vs Shinjiro Otani & Takao Omori

Loss

• 3 years later...
Fuck, this was awesome. I remember watching at least one six-man that led up to this at the time, but I don't think I ever checked this out. If I did I probably would've lost my shit. I can't imagine I'd have forgotten about it, anyway. Omori really hates Takayama (used to be partners, but Takayama beat the shit out of him for one reason or another). Ohtani seems to really hate him as well. They jump him at the bell and everybody starts throwing MEATY shots, and eventually Tak just obliterates Omori with a kneelift. Must really suck having to be on the end of Takayama kneelifts. First stretch of this felt pretty Battlartsy in that everybody got to really knock lumps out of someone. Tak ends up bleeding from the ear at some point, and it could've been from about sixteen different things. Eventually someone brings a chair in the ring and Takayama gets split open. He goes from unfuckwithable asskicker to wounded animal seamlessly. Ohtani and Omori REALLY lay into him. When he recovers...indescribable. You would run like a screaming child if you saw this coming your way. He is just fucking amazing as this bloodied up psycho killing dudes. Punches them square in the face, chucks tables, breaks chairs over heads. This wasn't a no DQ match, but the ref' was letting borderline shit go the whole time. Instead of Takayama making a hot tag, Sato eventually just came in and tossed his own partner out before he got murdered. Ref' was cool to roll with that. Shit, he let Ohtani and Omori bludgeon him already, so why wouldn't he? No double standards HERE. When Takayama flips and goes on a rampage, the ref' throws the match out before Tak kills Omori dead. And you watch this and think, "Yeah...I can totally see why he'd throw the match out." Tak swinging ring boys is 100% Stan Hansen. Omori has to be carried out on someone's back while people are dragging Takayama away. I can't even think of a description that'd do it justice. This was just tremdndous. Might be my Japanese MOTY.

• GSR changed the title to [2007-02-18-ZERO-ONE] Yoshihiro Takayama & Kohei Sato vs Shinjiro Otani & Takao Omori