Pro Wrestling Only

[2014-04-06-NJPW-Invastion Attack] Tomohiro Ishii vs Tetsuya Naito

Loss

• GSR changed the title to [2014-04-06-NJPW-Invastion Attack] Tomohiro Ishii vs Tetsuya Naito
  • 1 year later...

NEVER Openweight Champion Tomohiro Ishii vs Tetsuya Naito - NJPW Invasion Attack 2014

God, Naito was so fucking lame before his heel turn. Honestly, I have not seen much of his post-heel turn work so he could still be lame. There is one moment where he does this is an incredible lame push off Ishii with his foot to hurdle over the top rope so Ishii just SMOKES with Lariat. I was like "MY MAN!". I am so glad Ishii didnt sell that dainty kick. Hell, the crowd booed Naito twice when he was on offense at the start. The match did feature the worst of both wrestlers. Way too much unnecessary running and movement because of Naito and way too many strike exchanges because of Ishii. I did like how efficient it was and when a wrestler did get the advantage he pressed it. The best part of the match was Ishii exploding out of the corner with a Zidane headbutt to Naito's head. That was awesome! Even when Naito did get on offense it was good. He hit a dropkick to the back of Ishii's neck who did his customary great sell of it. Naito zeroed in. Nice dropkick that caused Ishii to bump into the turnbuckles with the neck. Then he hit a DDT and spiked him on his head with a nice Top Rope Frankensteiner. The psychology was there and there were good stretches but there too many meander stretches to call this more than good. Ishii hit some great offense down the stretch. I liked Naito building to the Stardust Press, crashing & burning, but he gets a Koji Clutch as a submission nearfall so he still gets his nearfall. The finish was efficient as hell, sliding Lariat -> Brainbuster! The layout of the highspots was great, but Naito is so dainty and lame that he kills the match then on top of that everything in between the highspots was so boring. They had an awesome 5 minute match in their 20 minute match. ***1/4