Pro Wrestling Only

Tex Slazenger and Shanghai Pierce / The Godwinns / Southern Justice

C.S.

HOG was definitely carryable. Not a great worker by any stretch but he was legitimately strong.

Tex couldn't really work to save his life but the guy was all personality outside the ring. I've had beers with him a couple times - funny as all hell. I think he would have been a hoot as a colour guy making weird observations on WCW Worldwide.

Are there any good HOG matches I need to check out? I think I have a new favorite wrestler.

HOG vs. Bradshaw-1996 KOTR Qualifier rules. Remember liking the HHH vs. HOG Hogpen match but it's been years since I last watched it. Godwinns vs. Owen & Bulldog was the best match at a November 1996 DC area House Show I attended. Can't remember if they had any TV matches though. I have a soft spot for Henry Godwinn. Phineas was god awful though (although I also recommend APA vs. Mideon & Viscera from a '99 episode of Shotgun. Easily the best PIG match ever).

• 3 months later...

They opened the show where ECW invaded the Manhattan Center in Feb of 97 filled with the Mutants against New Blackjacks. Weird choice for opener given the crowd but this was helluva lot of fun. Four big muthafuckas just hitting each hard and throwing them around. Barry Windham looked so weird with the mustache a lot like Dan Severn. They really should have pushed Bradshaw a lot sooner. Godwinns vs New Blackjacks was a lot better than the Stevie vs Guido match that followed.