Pro Wrestling Only

Did they ever face each other?

JerryvonKramer

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listening to Vader on the Steve Austin show got me thinking, did Vader and Regal ever face off?

I apologize if this is obvious, but AFAIK they were both heels in WCW and Vader was leaving WWE as Regal entered. I would love to see a match if one exists.

Regal actually started out as a babyface in WCW, so it wouldn't have been entirely out of the question.

Anyway, did Bruiser Brody/Hulk Hogan ever happen?

No or at least I'm not aware of it ever happening.

Bam Bam Bigelow vs Abdullah The Butcher in a singles match.

I hope I'm not breaking the rules by posting this:

When is this from??? I dont remember ANY of this feud.

Did Sting ever face Brian Pillman?

They were catalysts for the Four Horsemen reunion of 1995. Flair and Sting vs Anderson and Pillman.
I seem to remember them wrestling as an offshoot to the Badd vs DDP feud. Pillman was defeated by Badd in a number 1 contenders match for Sting's US title.

Pillman filled in when Badd experienced transportation issues and missed his shot at the title. Pillman lost when Sting reversed Air Pillman into a powerslam.

For some reason, Badd blamed Page. Like it was DDP's fault that Badd had FOUR flat tires. ;)

Yes Thesz wrestled in Mexico. There are some threads about it on the Thesz board at Wrestling Classics. I'm too lazy to look them up.

6/17/83 Denver, CO @ Auditorium Arena
Mad Dog Vachon beat Jerry Blackwell
Baron Von Raschke & Wahoo McDaniel beat Nick Bockwinkel & Blackjack Lanza
Ken Patera beat Jim Brunzell
Greg Gagne beat Mike Graham
Brad Rheingans beat Chris Markoff

• 2 years later...

Thesz and Santo. They were born in the same decade. Did Thesz ever travel through Mexico?

Thesz worked in Mexico as both a wrestler and a referee. His most famous bout was against Canek on 8/27/78 which drew a huge gate at the Palacio de los Deportes. Santo wrestled in the semi-main in a UWA Welterweight title match that led to a hair vs. mask match between them the following month. The card was billed as “Homenaje al Santo Enmascarado de Plata y Legendario Lou Thesz.” Thesz had been awarded the UWA World Heavyweight Championship in 1977 and had successfully defended it against Dr. Wagner and Mil Mascaras, the latter another huge sellout at the Palacio los Deportes. Thesz had a huge rep in Mexico as a world famous international wrestling star and Canek's victory over Thesz paved the way for him to become the top drawing heavyweight of the 1980s.

Since Thesz and Santo were in different weight classes, I assume the only time they could have met in the ring was in a tag match or trios.

Thesz and Santo. They were born in the same decade. Did Thesz ever travel through Mexico?

According to SuperLuchas, they tagged together in Guadalajara -- 3/7/65 El Santo & Lou Thesz vs. Benny Gallant & Karloff Lagarde.

Thesz had two more matches on the same tour:

Black Shadow & Lou Thesz vs. Benny Gallant & Rene Guajardo, 3/5/65

Blue Demon & Lou Thesz vs. Espanto I & Espanto II, 3/12/65

He also defended the NWA World Heavyweight Championship in Guadalajara on 5/23/54. The challenger was Gori Guerrero.