Pro Wrestling Only

WWE World Title Picture For The Next Few Months

Loss

At Extreme Rules, The Shield destroys Evolution. Bryan retains against Kane.

The next night, no one knows where Batista is. He took the fall and they haven't seen him since. Randy Orton isn't much help on his own. HHH is embarrassed. He's talking to Stephanie later in the show.

HHH: "You know what we have to do, right?"

Stephanie: "What?"

HHH: "We have to go talk to HIM."

Stephanie: "Who? ... OH, YOU'VE GOTTA BE KIDDING. No way! Not him!"

HHH: "It's our best shot of regaining control of what's going on around here."

Stephanie reluctantly agrees.

The next week, HHH and Stephanie meet with Paul Heyman. Stephanie can barely hide her disgust. Heyman realizes he is in a good position and gloats past the point of being obnoxious.

Heyman: "Wait, there's something YOU want from ME? There's something little Paul Heyman can do for the McMahons. Well Stephanie, it took you long enough."

Stephanie: "You know, my father ..."

HHH: "... has always admired you."

Anyway, HHH says he wants Heyman to bring in Brock Lesnar to take out Daniel Bryan.

Heyman laughs them off and points out that earlier this year, Brock wanted a championship match and they told him no, so it's funny that now they are offering him one. The answer is NO. Brock Lesnar will come back when he wants.

HHH and Stephanie return the next week and ask again. They make a new offer. This plays out over another week or two while Heyman gets a laundry list of insane perks and concessions in order to bring Brock back. Finally, he agrees to do it. HHH and Stephanie are elated.

Heyman's final demand, however, is to get Cesaro into a championship match with Daniel Bryan at Money In The Bank. HHH and Stephanie don't understand how Cesaro factors into this. They wanted Brock, not Cesaro. Heyman as condescendingly as possible explains to them that it makes sense not to just bring Brock Lesnar back, but to set the table for him to ensure that he comes back into a winning situation.

The next week, a series of training vignettes start with Heyman and Cesaro. Cesaro is a beast in the gym doing all sorts of insane strength workouts. Heyman point blank tells Cesaro he doesn't want him to win the championship. He wants him to hurt Daniel Bryan. However, if he gets a chance to win the championship, of course he should take it. Heyman also tells him this match isn't about showing off. It's about taking out Daniel Bryan. Therefore, NO GIANT SWING.

This leads to a match where Cesaro can have him in perfect position to do a giant swing many times. The crowd practically begs him to do it, but he won't. Finally, Bryan rallies a comeback and it looks like the plan is going to go awry. However, Cesaro ends up doing what he feels is right, does a giant swing and wrestles the match his way. He ends up losing a classic match but puts forth an amazing effort. Heyman is furious.

From there, you can do a slow burn to a full-fledged Cesaro face turn and Cesaro vs Brock match. Brock can also return and go right into the match with Daniel Bryan at Summerslam.

It really is up in the air though. There's a lot of guys who are up and comers. There's also a number of guys a lot of people don't want to see face Bryan again. I think they could turn Sheamus heel and build a two month program from that. Then transition to Bryan-Cesaro.

I honestly think even though the match is tired he would be better off beating Orton on PPV again than Sheamus. Sheamus as an opponent makes him seem like a glorified upper midcarder as champion. Even Cesaro does in some ways honestly. Batista, Orton and Bray Wyatt should be the opponents, but I don't know how they logically could be. It's a dilemma.

I think Evolution will win at Extreme Rules. They will want to get Orton & Batista strong again, and they will want to make it a big deal when Roman Reigns eventually pins HHH.

I agree with this. It will suck, because I never want to see HHH going over on the Shield, but I suspect it will happen. My guess is Shield loses and take out Batista the next night on RAW so he can go do his movie thing. It will leave Evolution to find a back-up to face the Shield at the next PPV. I wouldn't be shocked if it was Kane.

I honestly think even though the match is tired he would be better off beating Orton on PPV again than Sheamus. Sheamus as an opponent makes him seem like a glorified upper midcarder as champion. Even Cesaro does in some ways honestly. Batista, Orton and Bray Wyatt should be the opponents, but I don't know how they logically could be. It's a dilemma.

Orton will probably be what happens. I would personally be more interested in a Bryan-Sheamus feud. Bray won't get a title match until after Summerslam. Batista will be gone for a few months. That leaves Orton. They need to have a No DQ, Falls Count Anywhere, Last Chance match with Orton or something. That feud needs to have a definitive end so we won't have to see it for a long time again.

Back to Bray, my guess is he beats Cena at ER. I don't really know what happens from there with him. I guess it's possible he could be transitioned into a program with Bryan. It's obvious they've been teasing a higher power angle with him and the Authority. He took out Kane during the build to Summerslam and transformed Bryan's best friend into a corporate puppet, mysteriously attacked Bryan and Punk on RAW, The Shield feud had that segment on Smackdown where HHH was telling them to not fight. The pieces are there for something like that. It could lead to a two month program with Bryan-Bray. I don't what they'd do with him if he didn't win the belt though. I'm not sure where he'd go next.

I think the next month or 2 on the ppv's they have him headline against Orton, and then Batista. The 3rrd special event you put Bryan and Cesaro with Brock or Heyman interference backfiring. This starts a slow building feud between Cesaro and Lesnar that leads to a mania match. Next up is Summerslam and we get Bryan/Lesnar at Summerslam. Cesaro gets involved and costs Lesnar somehow. Bryan goes on to face Bray Wyatt/ and a re pushed Big Show or Mark Henry type. Finally at Survivor Series HHH makes a Bryan/Cena rematch. Here Cena turns heel during the match and wins the title. Bryan's got to win the Rumble for a title shot. He does and it's Heel Cena vs. Bryan for the title at Mania.

This is something I posted elsewhere a few weeks ago.

I agree with this. They must put Bryan over the establishment 1st and foremost. Then he can start giving the Sheamus types the rub by having a great match.

I would think that Evolution/Shield is similar to the Shield/Wyatt match from the Chamber, an all out war. I agree that Evolution should win, but the match should go in such a manner that the Shield's stock still rises. Reigns can hit his big moves on HHH, and have the ref get pulled out to save him.

I think Bryan/Kane should wind up being somewhat similar to the Bryan/HHH RAW match, with the Evolution run in to try to help Kane, and then the Shield making the save to getting their heat back, maybe with them running off Orton and Batista and then hitting the powerbomb on HHH, and with the playing field level, Bryan is able to beat Kane.

To me, Sheamus joining the Authority/Evolution makes sense and could be a hot angle for the spring. Basically, have Evolution take out The Shield early in the night, leaving Daniel Bryan prone to a numbers game. The main event is Bryan & Sheamus vs. Orton & Batista and just when you think Sheamus is going to come in for the hot tag, have him turn heel. The next week, Sheamus cuts a heel promo about how he has come to his senses and joined Triple H because Triple H is the man who led Batista and Orton to superstardom and now Triple H will lead him there too.

Sheamus in that spot also works because, with Batista taking time off, you can really stick him where Batista was - as a tag partner to Orton and immediate World Championship contender. Plus, like Batista, Sheamus is one of those guys that gets a heel reaction from "smart" crowds (see his match against Orton the night after WM29) sometimes, so, actually letting him work heel will probably lead to bigger reactions for him as well as the kind of "internet backlash" that a lot of this storyline has been based off of anyway.

I would run a number one contender tournament after Extreme Rules, and have Wade Barrett, fresh off winning the IC title, get wins over the usual suspects. Have him go over Sheamus again in the finals. That's two solid months of Barrett steamrolling dudes when you include the IC tourney. Have him knock out Bryan with the Bull Hammer during an encounter on TV. Then he jobs to Bryan in a highly competitive match at the next PPV. Sheamus brutally attacks Bryan afterwards, finally snapping from being isolated from the title scene. Then run Sheamus, Cesaro, and Brock concurrently the following months.