Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-02-21-WWF-Raw Saturday Night] Jim Cornette promo

Loss

• 1 month later...

First Cornette promo in a while that we have seen. He is distraught at the WWF fans for booing the great old school NWA talent he has brought to the WWF. These wrestlers will teach them what real wrestling is all about and the WWF fans will end up liking it. TOmmy Young will officiate the match involving the new MX tag match tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

Cornette criticizes the fans for not supporting his NWA efforts. These have taken a ridiculous turn, as Cornette tells fans that they are going to tell fans what they are allowed to like and that real wrestling is better than sports entertainment. Tommy Young is returning as a referee. This is dumb.

• 1 year later...

This isn't a bad promo but it's pretty badly out of place in this environment--I mean, it's SUPPOSED to be out of place, but even by that standard this angle just doesn't work. To give a partial answer to my question closing Thunder, I'm guessing more people give a fuck about the Luger/Savage alliance than about the return of Tommy fucking Young.

• 1 month later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1998-02-21-WWF-Raw Saturday Night] Jim Cornette promo