Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-02-21-WWF-Raw Saturday Night] Michael Hayes and Kane

Loss

• 1 month later...

I don't remember this at all. We get a lot of clips of Hayes from WCCW and they start up badstreet USA. They push this as Hayes return to Dallas. Hayes comes out to a nice reception and he still has the strut. Hayes is getting ready to introduce the next match when Kane's music fires up. Hayes attacks Kane with the heel of his cowboy boot and gets chokeslammed at the direction of Paul Bearer. A tombstone to Hayes ends this reunion quickly. You could tell that Bearer loved mugging about his friend Hayes that the freebird was grounded.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the video package on Hayes, and I also like how they are presenting this as Michael Hayes's return to Dallas. He doesn't get the pop you'd think, which really shows that most of the old Texas wrestling crowd had long since moved on and that Austin drew new fans more than he brought back old ones. Kane comes out and Hayes knows what's going to happen. He tries to take the fight to him, but eats a chokeslam and a tombstone. I remember when Kane was fresh. Barely.

• 1 year later...

Really neat video package that sort of contradicts the previous standard WWF history--Hayes, not Cyndi Lauper, gets on-air credit for blending rock 'n wrestling. I like how they make sure to show a clip of Hayes using his boot as a weapon, too, considering how he tries to defend himself against Kane. As far as segments where Kane destroys people go I'm still partial to him tombstoning the Phoenix Suns gorilla mascot.

• 1 month later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1998-02-21-WWF-Raw Saturday Night] Michael Hayes and Kane