Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-05-17-WCW-Slamboree] Sting & The Giant vs Scott Hall & Kevin Nash

Loss

• 2 months later...

Last few minutes. Kind of a weird match as Sting is a WCW babyface teaming with an NWO heel against two NWO tweeners. Giant is put in the position to work the crowd from the apron fresh off of a heel turn. So then he makes the hot tag and Nash goes from being the heel to being the babyface. Giant misses a top rope splash. Something about this card killed this match considering that even that didn't get much of a pop. Nash is about to powerbomb Giant when Dusty Rhodes gets on the apron to distract the ref. Hall turns on Nash and Sting and The Giant win the tag titles. What a mess. Why would they put Hall and Nash on opposite sides for the NWO breakup, other than just to swerve people? What an idiotic twist. Now a WCW guy and an NWO guy are tag team champs. I'd roll my eyes, but WCW booking gets far worse than this in the coming two years.

• 1 year later...

18 months later and I can answer Loss' question: the Hall turn was yet another political maneuver by Hogan. By splitting up the Outsiders in storyline, he figured he could split them and their power up behind the scenes as well. This is fascinating stuff if you think the backstage shit is more interesting than the actual product. I don't want to be one of those people.

• 3 months later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1998-05-17-WCW-Slamboree] Sting & The Giant vs Scott Hall & Kevin Nash